1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wedding dress - help with dating, also a mending question

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by kittenteethvintage, May 5, 2020.

1. kittenteethvintage

kittenteethvintage VFG Member

Hello All,

I've got a vintage wedding dress that I believe is likely from the 70's, but was hoping someone might have some more insight- not only in regard to dating, but perhaps a designer/label? The only label inside is from I. Magnin. The lace and ball fringe appear to be cotton, it has full circle bell wrist flounces, and a plastic zipper if that helps with dating.

Also- this dress is in overall very good condition- with the exception of a couple of small hols in the netting of the skirt, see pic. I really don't know how to fix this- is there really any way that would not be even more noticeable than these little holes?
    20200505_114709.jpg 20200505_114544.jpg 20200505_114638.jpg 20200505_115025.jpg 20200505_115342.jpg

2. kittenteethvintage

kittenteethvintage VFG Member

Bumping. :) Really just curious as to if there's any trick to mending holes like that in such a way that wouldn't be super noticeable.

3. claireshaeffer

claireshaeffer VFG Member

I think the holes will show more if you try to mend them. They appear to be very small.

MagsRags likes this.