1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WELCOME TO "FRIENDSGIVING" VFG'S ANNUAL DONATION DRIVE!!!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC VFG News - Announcements and events' started by BonniesVintageClothesLine, Nov 1, 2021.

1. EDIT: I have moved the Thermometer and Updates to the latest reply on this thread!

DONATE HERE:
    https://www.paypal.com/donate/?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=3TXEJ7G2VGBHA

DONATIONS:
    11-2-2021:
    $20 (Thank you for getting us started!!!)
    $10 (Love it!)
    $20 (Wowzer!)
    $100 Oh, MY!!! Oh, MY!!!
    $20 (non-member--YES!)

11-3-2021:
    $50 Golly!!
    $5 (non-member--we love those!)
    $20 (You're the best!)
    $20 (You are equally the best!!!)

And the one that gains us an additional $300!!! Drum roll, please!!!:
    $100 (Thank you for pushing us over that hump!!!)

11-4-2021:
    $10 (This came late in the day, so we were so happy to see it!!!)

11-5-2021:
    $80 (Awesome contribution--THANK YOU!)

11-6-2021:
    $5: (If everybody gave $5, we could pay for all of our future educational endeavors!)
    $30 (THAT is so generous--THANK YOU)
    $5: (Thank you, Thank you, Thank you)
    $10: (Thanks for taking the time to give!!)
    $20: (We are really picking up speed today--Thank you)
    $300: (This is from the Claire/Janine auction/sales team, and this is an estimate. Four items have been sold so far, with a few more to go. We'll settle up later!)

11-7-2021:
    $200: (Whaaaa??? That's incredible, and we are so grateful!!)
    $40: (Another SERIOUS donation; THANK YOU)
    $100: (What a generous donation. THANK YOU!)
    $10: (We LOVE these from non-members!)

11-8-2021:
    $15: (Another generous donation from a non-member!!)
    $25: (Such a thoughtful donation! Thank you.)
    $50: (I've got to think of something other than "Wowza"!)
    $10: (another wonderful non-member donation. Love it!)

friendsgiving.png

Well, another year has come and gone and it’s once again time for our annual “Friendsgiving”, Vintage Fashion Guild Donation Drive. This past year has brought much to be thankful for. And, we sincerely hope all of our members as well as our friends have remained healthy and well.

When we first started this donation drive a few years ago, we had no idea that it would be as successful as it has become. Nor did we think it would be an annual fundraiser, but it has grown and raised quite a bit of funds for our beloved Vintage Fashion Guild. Based on the concept of the American holiday, Thanksgiving Day that is set aside for being grateful for our many blessings (and VFG is certainly a blessing for all of us who love and appreciate vintage fashion), we decided to use “Friendsgiving” as the theme for our annual event that offers an opportunity for you to be generous and GIVE! We hope that you will feel blessed to be a part of the Vintage Fashion Guild community, whether as a Guest or Member and will make a donation during this year’s Friendsgiving. Big or small, each donation is greatly appreciated and will be put to good use in furthering our goals during the coming year.

Nothing says it better than this statement written by our Board of why your support of the Vintage Fashion Guild is so very important:

“A large group of past and present volunteers is responsible for the creation and growth of the Vintage Fashion Guild. The non-profit organization continues to expand its educational and inspirational vintage fashion content which can be accessed by anyone. Our work is offered at no cost to the public, but it it is costly for the VFG to maintain. Membership dues can only cover part of our expenses—we rely on donations to make up the difference.”

If you are thankful for what the Vintage Fashion Guild has to offer to you, please consider supporting our mission with your donation. And, remember, no donation is too small and we are extremely grateful for your generosity.

So please join us in this Thanksgiving inspired fundraiser, the 2021 FRIENDSGIVING! With your help we can make this year our best event ever.
    Let’s get started and let the fun and giving begin!!!

In order to make your donation, please click on the linked image below to be taken to PayPal.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2021
  2. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

Bonnie - is there some way we can see how the fund-raising is going?

3. Oh, yes, indeedy! Amanda, things are just kicking off, but you can be assured that Janine @Distantdetails , who is my partner for the Donation Drive, will be giving some updates very shortly. We are hoping this year to break last year's record which was pretty darn good!!!

Distantdetails likes this.
  4. Distantdetails

Distantdetails Administrator

Yes, Amanda!! We will keep a running tally at the top of this thread!! And we have our FIRST donation of $20. Please, donor, let us know if we can use your name!!!

We want to also tell you what your Board is doing!!
    President Maggie Wilds/denisebrain: Maggie is donating $14 per month, for a total of $168 per year. bow down wave

WE like these recurring donations, whether large or small:
    Karin/Midge is donating $3 per month, for a yearly total of $36!!
    Janine/DistantDetails is donating $3 per month, for a yearly total of $36.

Also, once again, we have the anonymous donor, who will match the first $300 in donations with her own $300 donation. So please help us win that money!!!

And we have something BRAND-NEW this year!! Claire Shaeffer/claireshaeffer and Janine Shaw/distantdetails teamed up this year, with auctioning off some of Claire's jewelry and some World's Fair ephemera. All proceeds, after fees, etc., will be donated to the VFG. We have sold one necklace already for $55, and we have a Karl Lagerfeld necklace up for auction right now!!! It is currently at $92, with three bids and 20 watchers. Let us know if you want to follow that auction, and I'll include the link. It's fun!!

Any donation is GREATLY appreciated. The VFG has given me so much in knowledge and encouragement that I want to give back!!!

THANK YOU.

Feel free to name your donation on this thread. Otherwise, I will post your donation anonymously, as they come in from Paypal.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2021
  5. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

i guess with the monthly donations that maybe it will be more difficult to set up one of those thermometer/test-your-strength-bell/rain-gauge sort of tally keepers. but i always get a kick out of them...lol

that's very generous of our board members! thank you all!

6. amandainvermont

Yes Janine - please include the link for the fund-raising auctions.

7. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

oh, yes, agree!! please and thank you!! xo

8. Distantdetails

9. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Done!!! :) Glad to see it was through paypal. As a Canadian, I can use my paypal funds in USD. When paying for the membership now with it being through a credit card I lose money with the conversion rate.

10. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

11. Thanks to everyone so far who has generously donated!!! Y'all are the BEST!!!!beatingHeart

Distantdetails likes this.
  12. Distantdetails

Thank you to all you generous people!!! I think the $5 donations are my favorites!!! (Not that I don't appreciate ALL and ANY donations)

13. Distantdetails

Check out our new Goalraising Thermometer, at the top!!! We are getting very close to that $300, which will gain us a matching $300!!!!!!!

14. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

Yes please, let's get that matching $300! That's a pile of cash from one generous person!
    0_Mi_oNgU0VT-f4G2F-1.gif

15. Distantdetails

AND........We got it, thanks to that $100 donation last night!!!!

16. amandainvermont

:walkingstar: (Just found the "New Smilies.")

Attached Files:

17. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

Matching funds AND Amanda found the new smilies! It's going to be a great day.

:dancecat:

18. donation02.jpg
    The smell of all those generous donations is so delightful!!!
    GREEN is one of our favorite colors!

19. Distantdetails

A new day begins! After only three days of our 14-day Donation Drive, we are 45% of the way to our Goal. Thank you ALL.

Can you help? A little bit???

:danceban:crazy chickencarnival emotibow down wave

20. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

Done.

And Claire's Karl Lagerfeld necklace is Amazing! If you haven't looked at the auction link, enjoy.
    [​IMG]