1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Westbound sheer taupe blouse, looking for help dating

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Della, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Della

Della Registered Guest

Hi guys. I have a lovely thrift store find that I was hoping you could help with. It's labeled Westbound, and I have done a ton of google searches trying to find comparable labels but only found one, on an ebay listing without much info.

I was originally guessing 80s, but all the 80s tags seem to be the word Westbound with horizontal lines above and below... Is it a knockoff?

It's marked size 12 and the full size photo is shown on a size 6-8 mannequin (35" bust). The closeups were on a size XS mannequin. Thank you!!

IMAG1867.jpg IMAG1870.jpg IMAG1862.jpg IMAG1866.jpg IMAG1859.jpg

2. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

It looks 1970s to me and the registration number links it to Dillard's a Department store in Little Rock, Arkansas. The Dillard name I believe got started in 1969.

If you look up Dillard's on wikipedia you will get a lot of info.

3. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

I'm feeling 80s on this one. I have a couple of silk designer blouses with a very similar pleat all over the front with similar collar, sleeve and body shape dating from the early 80s. However it's possible it is earlier, styles are often reproduced.

4. Della

Della Registered Guest

Thanks y'all. I definitely am leaning towards late 70s, early 80s style wise. Poppy, Westbound brand is still sold at Dillards to this day! Silly me asking if it was knockoff because of course if it's still sold at that store, it's the same brand. Don't know how I didn't connect that.

Anyway, anyone else reading this, if you happen to have a positive date ID on when they stopped using this label style, let me know! Thanks!