1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What can you tell me about this little girl?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by TheVintagePeddler, Apr 7, 2008.

1. I absolutely love her. I am pretty sure the bust is wax and the arms are bisque. She needs som new clothes but is otherwise in very nice condition. I know nothing about her so any info will help although I wont be selling her. Age?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. listitcafe

listitcafe Registered Guest

She looks like a Boudoir doll from the 20's 30's.. I think if you habg in there you can find clothing for her.. She is largish like she can sit in a chair? they are very collectibale

-Chris

3. Boudoir doll! Thanks. Where would I find clothing?

4. I bet it was supposed to be Marie Antoinette (maybe?). It's creepy and weird and therefore I love it.

5. listitcafe

listitcafe Registered Guest

I think they come up on Ebay. There are patterns I think. My freind had one and knew all about them. I think clothing does come up on ebay too.

-chris

6. I think I can make her something wonderful. I have lots of antique fabric and lace and trim.

7. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

Marie Antoinette popped into my mind right away, too

her arms almost look like she could have been a marionette (?sp) in a past life??

very cool, Marie! LOVE the idea of creating cool costumes for her!!

8. She's beautiful - I was watching an old Hole film clip last night and your doll has the same trashy glamour as poor Courtney Love in 1994 - gorgeous, but falling apart. I love her! Your doll, that is, I just feel sorry for what CL has done to herself.

9. BijouVintage

BijouVintage Alumni

ohhhhh a doll!! Oh yummy!

10. avamac

avamac Alumni

Courtney's a Portland kid, Avalon customer since her teens, and unfortunately her bad habits are part of her perceived charm, integral to her persona and beloved of her fan base. It sells.

Does Marie have legs or was she once a lamp?

11. BagDiva

BagDiva Guest

Marie Antoinette meets courtney love l love it...she is very Tim Burtonesque don't you think??? She's a keeper!!

12. She doesn't have legs just a wire frame hoop skirt but I don't think this was a lamp. That would be bad for the wax.