1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Decade is this Purse From?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by marianthelibrarian, Feb 4, 2018.

1. marianthelibrarian

marianthelibrarian Registered Guest

I was given this purse by my aunt who bought it at a vintage store years ago. Any one have any ideas as to what decade it is from? There are no labels on it. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. My wild guess on your pretty purse is 1990s but I'm sure someone with more knowledge than me will chime in. Meanwhile, here is an interesting discussion on the use of magnetic clasps.

3. looks 60s but if it is a magnetic clasp then it will be newer.

4. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

The actual purse looks like a 60s evening clutch to me but the handle which looks like strands of glass beads looks newer. I wonder if someone may have used a necklace from the 90s and attached it to the clutch. I have never seen a handle quite like this one.

5. thespectrum

thespectrum VFG Member Staff Member

Your purse is similar to some I had that I thought were 1980s doing 1960s but it turned out they were from the 1990s into the early 2000s.
    There were several companies that made these and they do have great "vintage" looks.

The Vintage Vendeuse likes this.
  6. Agree with MS: I see an '80-90s purse inspired by '60s styles. The magnetic clasp definitely puts it into the modern era.

7. pinky-a-gogo

pinky-a-gogo VFG Member VFG Past President

I agree with ms and nicole...90s -2000s

8. Nancylou

Nancylou Registered Guest

Is the clasp magnetic?