1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What does the script on this vintage Italian shoe label say?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Threadechoes, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Threadechoes

Threadechoes Registered Guest

Hi there! I am trying to identify this label. I've searched every variation I could possibly come up with but haven't gotten any hits. (Vaccorli? Veccodli?)

Can someone please help me read what this label says and provide any additional information about the label or these shoes? I am really unsure of the decade as well. Also has a Vero Cuoio mark on the sole.

Attached Files:

2. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

Not entirely sure, but I think it says Veccari -- and I saw at least one ad for Veccari shoes from Italy.

3. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

4. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

5. Threadechoes

Threadechoes Registered Guest

Oh my goodness, I never would have guessed that! Good job! Thank you! How did you find that?

Also, any idea on the era? I had originally listed them as 1950s but someone sent me a snarky message saying that they were obviously from the 80's. I'm beginning to wonder if they were from some decade in-between?

6. Great sleuthing, Lynne.

The labelling looks later and VC marking on the sole points to it being later as well. More photos of the shoe will help to date. Side view that shows type of heel, bottom soles.

poppysvintageclothing likes this.
  7. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

There was so little information on Veccari shoes that I became suspicious that the ad I found had it wrong, too, so I tried another vowel. The link I posted came up when I Googled:

vaccari shoes italy

Deborah, what is a "VC marking"?

8. It stands for Vero Cuoio (genuine leather). I should have spelled it out. Threadechoes mentioned they were marked Vero Cuoio.

9. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

Oh, thanks. In my hasty reading of the original post I never even noted that.