1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what fur is this please

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by MRSP1969, Jan 20, 2019.

1. MRSP1969

MRSP1969 Registered Guest

hi really lucky with this one i went to my local tip today to get rid of some rubbish and a elderly gentleman was just about to throw the above coat in the skip he was more than happy to let me have it i did offer to pay but he would not accept anything . to add to my collection but im stuck on what fur it is can anyone be of help please it is real as leather backing also what era please thankyou julie

Attached Files:

themerchantsofvintage likes this.
  2. MRSP1969

i cant decide between mink or muskrat .im probably totally wrong but if anyone with more knowledge can tell me please it would be much appriciated .thankyou

3. peaceful vintage

peaceful vintage Administrator VFG Past President

That is so pretty and is summertime ermine. It’s one of my favorite furs ever. I can’t tell for certain which era exactly but late 70s to 80s is the closest I can come.

themerchantsofvintage likes this.
  4. MRSP1969

thankyou caryn for your brilliant knowledge im so glad i rescued it from going in the skip to be destroyed i shall treasure it.

peaceful vintage likes this.
  5. MRSP1969

i just cant beleive he was going to put it in the skip to be incinerated .im going to my local charity shop tomorrow to give them a donation .