1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What I Wore to the Opera

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by Linn, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

Aloha,

I was lucky and it stayed cool enough last night for me to wear my "New Look" mid-'50's Lilli Ann jacket to opening night of Hawaii Opera Theatre's production of "Manon Lescaut." I wore my Ere Nouvelle hat. I am wearing an early '40's unsigned Marcel Boucher brooch and period Art Deco costume bracelet and ring. The Charel Retro style earrings are early '50's. I got a gazillion compliments on the hat. I was the only one in the audience wearing a hat! (It would have been fun to wear gloves - LOL!)

[​IMG]

It is such fun to wear vintage! Just had to share!!!

Linn

2. northstarvintage

northstarvintage Administrator Staff Member

You look FANTASTIC!

Susan

3. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

Fantastic! I agree, gloves next time.

4. JulieW

JulieW Alumni

Wow!
    You look wonderful.

5. ivycompany

ivycompany Alumni

Stunning! You are gorgeous.

6. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

Now there's a lady who knows how to dress for an event. :clapping:

7. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

Thanks or as we say in Hawaii "Mahalo"! I'm very involved in opera here and have lots of events to go to plus two more productions so I have the perfect opportunity to wear vintage. I think gloves would be pushing it (it is Honolulu) but I had a great time with the hat!

Does VFG have any organized get-togethers? I belong to VFCJ and we have Mini's in various places across the country and a convention bi-annually in Providence. That's the perfect place to wear vintage although the emphasis is on vintage costume jewelry. I can wear my gloves there - LOL. (But of course I'll have to remove them to show off the jewels.

Aloha,

Linn

8. worth-a-peek

worth-a-peek Alumni

Love it!
    Thanks for sharing your great evening with us!

9. avamac

avamac Alumni

Linn, you're supposed to have sets of jewels--rings and bracelets--that fit OVER the glove....a perfect excuse to buy more!

10. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

11. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

LOVELY! Linn, members of the VFG have had regional get-togethers...sometimes just a few people.

12. missproper

missproper Alumni

Gorgeous!

13. cmpollack

cmpollack VFG Member

You look smashing, Linn! I'm not surprised you got a ton of compliments on the hat--not only is it a gem, but it's just perfect with this outfit!

14. Elsewhere

Elsewhere VFG Member

You wear a hat VERY well, Linn!

And you simply look stunning, besides :D

Thanks for sharing!!

15. :wow22: You look smashing!

16. secondlooks_lux

secondlooks_lux Registered Guest

how wonderful that you have all those events to wear your Fab vintage!

17. Leisa

Leisa VFG Member

Linn - You look fabulous!

Makes me want to dress up. I just need to;) find somewhere to go.

18. Linn, you look absolutely stunning~ you radiate how much you love the look, in turn enhancing the look~

Oh, you lucky girl!