1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is Black & White and Red All Over?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC VFG Fashion Parades' started by BijouVintage, Aug 21, 2007.

1. BijouVintage

BijouVintage Alumni

:eureka:Bijou is! I am having fun with these staples of fashion this week. I am reminded that it is the first color and contrast that we see as babies and how they draw our eyes all our lives. Enjoy!

Fabulous 50's dress with Peek A Boo Sleeves- Medium

[​IMG]

60's Black and White Checker Board Coat -XL

[​IMG]

Darling 80's tribute to the 50's dress with GREAT BIG pockets-L/XL

[​IMG]

Darling 80's Polka Dot Cocktail Dress S/M

[​IMG]

Vist Bijou Vintage-----> http://stores.ebay.com/BijouVintage

2. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

Those are such interesting sleeves on the first dress...I want to call them slash sleeves, as they have a bit of a Hitchcock heroine/victim vibe to me. Quite stunning!

3. Lookin' really good! You show the clothes so well and I love the back drop.

4. cmpollack

cmpollack VFG Member

Great stuff! Are they all from your new haul?

That first dress is a total knockout, and I love the necklace you've displayed it with... (is that piece listed as well?)

5. BijouVintage

BijouVintage Alumni

Thanks! The necklace is a combination of a big cherry brooch (listed) clipped onto a glass pearl & crystal necklace (listed soon)...

6. cmpollack

cmpollack VFG Member

7. Trevira

Trevira Registered Guest

So ingenious, putting a brooch on a necklace. I might borrow that idea, if I may?!

All of those items are a hit with me - those crazy slashed sleeves are extraordinary! - but I'd definitely 'live' in that big red dress.

8. wyomingvintage

wyomingvintage VFG Member

The collar on the first dress is really flattering on you. Keep it!!!! Come on you know you need another little black dress :)

9. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

It all looks great on you...luv the black straw hat...

and coincidentally in the slashed sleeves dept..I have this Moschino top and skirt on now...as they say what goes around comes around
    [​IMG]

10. DressUP

DressUP Registered Guest

O my gosh i love the last one:)