1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What year is this floral jacket from? what type of fabric?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Into the void, Jun 24, 2017.

1. Into the void

Into the void Registered Guest

i loved this fabric so so much. it's gorgeous but taking a second look it's deff not barkcloth. It's a blazer with a metal latch in the front and panels in the back and on the side and an unusual collar I feel like you can help me date this based on the collar and the textile pattern. I took some pictures of the seams and some details. The one picture where the collar is red is it being flipped upwards

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
  2. Into the void

Into the void Registered Guest

I'm gonna bump this up only because i'd like to list it today :)

3. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

As this looks to be seamstress made, it's very hard to date. It does look as though they used old drapery fabric to make it.
    It looks 90s to me with the boxy style and that squared large collar. The 3/4 length sleeves were often seen in 50s and early 60s garments, but
    to me this does not look 60s.

Hopefully, someone else will come in on this for you.

Some items are very difficult to date.

4. I agree with Mary Jane. Homemade from possibly upholstery or drapery material and made to look like an older style jacket. Striking and vibrant colors.