1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What year would this dress be, label ?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by sarah1261, May 30, 2017.

1. sarah1261

sarah1261 Registered Guest

I am thinking 70's just wondering if I am correct and if anyone might know about the label .

Cheers IMAG0301.jpg

Attached Files:

2. I found this information about the label, suggesting that they registered in 1989, and have since dissolved. It's possible that they were trading before 1989.

Your dress looks late 1980s-early 1990s to me but photos of the other (care) labels will help.

3. sarah1261

I had a look and it does not have any care labels not sure if there could of been and they were cut off. I did find a tag with M on it for the sizing. what does dissolved mean like closed down ?

4. Yes.

I found a few other garments online with the same label. They had care labels sewn underneath. Could they be in the side seam perhaps? Since the '70s it's been a legal requirement to sew care and fabric labels in clothes.

5. sarah1261

I also did find one dress with the same label. i turned it inside out and still could not find any care and fabric label.

6. cmpollack

cmpollack VFG Member

Pretty! The blouson top and dropped waist look 1980s to me...

7. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

I made a few dresses in this style for my mother in 1985 - 87ish.