1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's 'In' for spring 2022... 90s revival?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by Jonathan, Apr 14, 2022.

1. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

I am seeing a LOT of interest in 90s revival - wide leg pants, heavy soled boots, tie-dye, skinny eyebrows... Is that just a local thing or is it where you are too? WHat else is hot?

2. thevintagebungalow

thevintagebungalow VFG Member

I am starting to buy and sell a lot of 90s in my antique booths. I'm not really ready to be a 90s clothing dealer but here we are.

Vintagiality and Jonathan like this.
  3. vivavintageclothing

vivavintageclothing VFG Member

Yes, Jonathan. It's here in Chicago as well. Not totally ready to see all this again. Although I like the boots!

thevintagebungalow and Jonathan like this.
  4. northstarvintage

northstarvintage Administrator Staff Member

I wholesale a ton of 90s stuff. 70s is doing well for me too. Bell-bottoms are back! And, don't get mad at me, I had a massive Y2K haul recently that I expect will do well at Brimfield. The woman worked at Maurice in the early 2000s and she SHOPPED. I have Playboy shirts, low-rise shorts with letters across the booty, halter tops, jersey tops, low rise bell bottoms. It killed me!

5. thevintagebungalow

thevintagebungalow VFG Member

I suppose the cycle has to continue. Every decade will eventually be vintage!

6. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

I was discussing jeans with my 25-year-old colleague yesterday and she was wearing high-waist, skinny/tapered/ankle-free light blue Levi's with a tie-dye print t-shirt (though quite pretty, not the in-your-face-crazy-colours, it was light pastels on white). She told me that bell-bottoms were a thing again when I was describing the super-high-waisted, super-flared 70s Levi's and Lee jeans that I bought NOS in the late 90s and wore to death. She made it sound like they'd be all the rage again now! And yes, high waists all the way! I don't look at fashion magazines, blogs or the likes, but the younger work colleagues in the house are definitely a good indicator to look at. I'm seeing a lot of stuff that I wore back then :BAGUSE:. No, I don't feel like repeating that personally, but it is kinda funny!

7. And I am trilled for those that can sell it. i just have Way Too much older stuff to break into a new line of pieces.

Lady Scarletts likes this.
  8. Vintagiality

Vintagiality VFG Treasurer Staff Member

That’s so disappointing. I think they are so incredibly ugly

9. Elsewhere

Elsewhere VFG Member

Unfortunately, we sell a LOT of 90s/Y2k stuff lately. Not really my thing, but we have a college nearby so I pick up the more iconic stuff when I find it - and lately I've been letting one of my employees sell stuff on consignment - she's kicking ass with those eras right now. I kinda hate looking at most of it... but money is money. :USETHUMBUP:
    Also - for what it's worth - sales here are up over 40% over last year - and last year was even a little over pre-pandemic levels. What bad economy?? :hysterical: I'm not complaining!

10. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

I know it's not for everyone, but at least these kids are buying vintage/second hand and less new fast fashion (hopefully) !
    It depends for me with the high waists. I don't like those "carrot" shape high waist jeans (as we call them here) that were the thing just before the bell bottom revival happened. I did love my super-highwaisted 70s jeans though. And recently I bought a pair of Kings of Indigo jeand second hand that are highwaisted and ultra skinny - basically tight from the waist to the ankle, just because the colour was right, the fit was good and that level of skinny meant they're good to wear with boots in winter (besides I already had another secondhand KOI pair, though a completely different shape, which I liked). And they have really grown on me, the fit is perfect and the do look good. And kudos to any jeans that fits my waist/hip ratio!