1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the designer name in these shoes?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by b*a*vintagequeen, Oct 31, 2004.

1. b*a*vintagequeen

b*a*vintagequeen Registered Guest

What\'s the designer name in these shoes?

I can not figure out the name in these shoes, is anyone familiar with it? I am assuming they are 80's???
    [​IMG]

It look like Tota ???? something!
    [​IMG]

Thanks!

2. I surely don't know. It looks like "Totar" to me. ...maybe "totally" with a really stylized second "l" and "y" (the "y" turning sideways and 'swooping' under the rest of the word)?

Steph

3. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

It looks like a K or an H at the end to me

4. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

I don't know the name myself. At first glance, from the heel, I thought you had a pair of early 60s stilettos, but the decorative treatment of the outside quarter of the upper only, the cut-out suede technique and the slight scalloping I can detect along the topline of the shoe are all 80s features, so yes, they are 80s.

Names like this appear in shoes in th 80s and I don't think they even were anybody in reality. These were probably made in Spain, or Argentina, or maybe even South-East Asia somewhere, and the name could have been made up as a line, and not even be a real designer.