1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the name of this belt?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Adamina, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Adamina

Adamina Registered Guest

I'm just wondering if this style of belt has a specific name? Other than wide suede belt or something generic, it's just a wide belt often made of suede or leather but it has some sort of lovely design at the front... or just a better way of describing it than I just did, Thanks! uWyN2f9QWemnjJd2iw7v3bQ8NIs.jpg

Metro Retro Vintage likes this.
  2. Adamina

Adamina Registered Guest

I'm trying to find myself one but it is quite difficult when searching for a "wide belt" :hysterical:

Metro Retro Vintage likes this.
  3. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

My eyes are having a hard time figuring out where the sweater ends and belt begins.

Some terms for specific types of extra wide belts: Cinch, contour, cummerbund, kidney, polo. Also corselet, but those lace in front.

GemGem and Retro Ruth like this.
  4. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

I wonder if it laces at the back? It is certainly cinched in.

5. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

Yes agree with cinch, and even Waspie. A true waspie is laced like a corset for waist shaping. But it's a similar shape to this.

The design on the front could be called appliqué

GemGem likes this.
  6. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

You could post in the 'most wanted' section of the site :), lots of wonderful store owners here with stunning collections.

MagsRags and Retro Ruth like this.