1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When were these labels popular?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Patentleathershoes, Dec 18, 2004.

1. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

I know you have all seen these exact (maybe different name) in garments at one time or another on homemade garments

[​IMG]

Maybe "Edith" will start to come back as a little girl's name just like some of the older names like Emma and Emily have. Maybe vintage fashion lovers will start naming their daughters after Edith Head :)

Chris

2. gaildavid

gaildavid VFG Member

I'm not sure when they started to be used, but my aunt used them in the 70's....still have them in several outfits she made for my kids at the time...can't part with them coz she put too much love, time and effort into them. ;)

Gail

3. Patentleathershoes

That is really cool that you have them.... I am sure that, maybe not this minute, but your kids will really see them as treasures too. It is so nice to have something personal from a relative like that.

Most of the other collection that came with this was the last half of the 60s and into the 70s, so these probably were from about that time frame too then.

4. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

I have never seen the top version label, but agree on the 70s for the
    bottom label.

Sue

5. Patentleathershoes

?

Those are those labels in their original packaging. The top part is just the cardboard part that would have hung on the peg in the department of the store and the clear little baggy with the labels hung down from it.

so 70s it is!

6. Patentleathershoes

..just too bad I don't know an "edith!

7. alonesolo

alonesolo Guest

Hey if Julia Roberts can bring back the name Hazel then maybe someone will bring back the name Edith! And I can only hope that someday the name Pauline becomes popular.

Cute!

8. Patentleathershoes

Well, "Hattie" is back too for little girls. I don't think "Apple" (Gwyneth Paltrow's baby) will really catch on. Maybe an old fashioned name like Arbutus or Beulah will be next.

Haven't seen too many baby Paulines, you are right. And there are not too many "Betty"s being born lately. It really started as a nickname for Elizabeth, but my grandmother's name is actually Betty Jane. (and my aunt is also Betty but legally Elizabeth) I was kinda hoping Cristina Agrilera et al would go away so no one would name their babies Christina anymore because there are too many of us. It was the 7th most popular girl's name when i was born.

Chris (don't call me Christina LOL)