1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. laughingmagpie

laughingmagpie Registered Guest

Hello again,

This time my quest is for a white hat similar to the one Audrey Hepburn wears in "Charade":

[​IMG]

White or cream, with either no ornamentation or something that can be easily removed (and replaced afterwards without hurting the hat).

Audrey's hat in "Charade" actually has some subtle grooves/indentation to style it. That's ok, but completely plain is alright too.

A sort of bubble/helmet/beehive shape, without a brim.

The material should be smooth: felt, leather, vinyl, or cloth for instance, but not textured like raffia.

The vintage of the hat is not important, even though this is a 1960's style, I'm after the overall look and so any vintage is alright with me on this one.

My budget is under $40.

Thanks so much!

Jen

2. DeCoDiVa

DeCoDiVa Registered Guest

Maybe this will do it

I have to photo it in the morning. The light is too yellow. And it wont be anywhere near 40. :excited:

3. MyVintageCocktail

MyVintageCocktail VFG Member

I have one or two wool felt cream bubble hats. Neither is listed, but here's one I have a shot of, a Gwenn Pennington. I have it shown worn tilted to the side and front like a beret style, but because it's semi-structured, it can be positioned on the head more like a regular hat. This is slightly tucked at the brim, and has a small bow at the back that is easily removed.

[​IMG]

I "think" I have another similar style somewhere, too. I'll check.

You can e-mail me at [email protected].

4. MyVintageCocktail

MyVintageCocktail VFG Member

Of which--my bubble hat? Or more of the original poster's Audrey pictures?