1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

Does anyone have a good resource on Whiting and Davis? (handbags more specifically). I am trying to find out when they started using signature lining in their handbags. I know they now have a seperate distributor that handles their handbags (perhaps they are farmed out now?) don't know if it started then or earlier. its one factoid i just haven't been able to nail down, being someone who has been more inclined to the leather than the mesh : ) oh...alright, i can;t hide....oddly and modly colored faux leather in crazy shapes.

thanks in advance,

Chris

2. Chris, I googled for you and couldn't find anything out except they had been in business since the late 1800s. Also looked in my one and only purse book and couldn't find anything. How do you find or search for the history of a company? Inquiring minds want to know...

3. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

They do have a website http://www.whitinganddavis.com

they do have a one paragraph history, but it mainly is a site to buy their metal mesh and leads you to the distributor for their handbags. it is unlike the pendleton site which has a good amount of history, etc. on it. There are several companies that i would like to research. maybe i should just go to the horse's mouth and contact them if they are still in business (maybe they are not), or contact the local paper that was in their town to get some history.