1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who Knows Garay Bags Well?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by MyVintageCocktail, Nov 19, 2009.

1. MyVintageCocktail

MyVintageCocktail VFG Member

I've had a ton of Garay bags over the years, but can't find the answer to this question; any help is much appreciated!

Does anyone know when Garay changed over from the cloth tags sewn into the bags to the stick-on labels? I have two bags right now that I'm having dating doubts on, and both have the cloth labels. I have other ones from the late 60s and early 70s that have the sticky label.

2. Any pics?

I've had a few Garay bags and I love them - but can't help you on label info, sorry.

Nicole

3. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

4. debutanteclothing

debutanteclothing VFG Board Member

all of my 60s Garay bags have had labels sewn in including ones from the late 60s. I would have to say 70s

5. MyVintageCocktail

MyVintageCocktail VFG Member

Thank you, Sandra--that's what I needed! I have one Garay that I know is very early 70s, with the sticky label. And two that I'm pretty sure are 60s--with the sewn-in tag. But one of them could be 50s, too, and I wasn't sure if the sticky label would be found in their 60s bags--which would make the one bag older than I thought it was.

6. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member