1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who would you sell pointy 60's sneakers to??

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Gilo49, Feb 26, 2005.

1. Gilo49

Gilo49 Alumni

Who would you sell pointy 60\'s sneakers to??

Hi! I'm doing shoes today...lots of shoes. I've got about a dozen pairs of vintage 50's - early 60's ladies pointy sneakers. They're old store stock and really neat! All sorts of colors and styles. Some lace up on the side of the foot. They've got names lïke: Surfer Slims, Sandpiper, Navy Taper, Blue Duck, Black Hop, Oceanside etc...Most are in larger sizes.<P>I see beach parties, Connie Francis, dancing at the Hop. Am I right? I don't think they're RAB and probably not for VLV. Keyword help please....Vintage Running Shoes Sneakers
    Thanks! Joanne

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

My goodness, i swear my mother had those exact sneakers down at the bottom there. I have never seen the side lace ones before.

To me the early bobbysoxers were early 50s. These would be early 60s preppy. (not a bad thing, just a different thing)

Maybe our better shoe experts will chime in though.

Chris

3. Gilo49

Gilo49 Alumni

Ok, bobbysox are out. Thanks Chris! Joanne

4. Patentleathershoes

someone might come along and have more fuel for you...

5. premierludwig

premierludwig Registered Guest

early to mid 60s.

(see picture)

[​IMG]

deffinately beach party style like you said... but more Donna Loren than Annette Funicello... perhaps there will be some pictures here:

Brian's Drive In Theatre

love, moons and starrs,
    Senti.*

6. I had some when I was a kid in the 60s!! I love them!!

60s Old School Vintage Unique Keds-style Canvas Tennis Shoes

60s Vintage Beach Party Keds-style Canvas Tennis Shoes

Vintage 1960s Gidget Beach Party style Canvas Tennis Shoes

Joanne, do you have a link to your selling site or auctions you can share with us!! I'd like to see more of these (and perhaps buy a pair for old time's sake!)

:bouncing: Maureen

7. alonesolo

alonesolo Guest

OMG I love them! I remember my mom having those side laced ones. ( out with the family album again)

8. Patentleathershoes

(Maureen,...click on her profile)

9. Gilo49

Gilo49 Alumni

Thanks a bunch everyone! This really helped.<P>I'd love to put in a link to my ebay auctions...I tried to do it in my profile but it was not a success..How do I do it? Sorry. I'm a total board virgin (well almost!) and not much of a computer whiz. Joanne

10. Patentleathershoes

11. Oh yes, of course Chris! Duh!!

I rarely ever use those green buttons, I just plum forget about them.

I've added you to my "favorites" Joanne and will check back for the shoes!

You've got some great fashions mags too!

~Maureen

12. gaildavid

gaildavid VFG Member

Oh...my mind is having trouble with words tonight, but I remember calling these shoes a name associated with boating/sailing......I cannot put the right words in my head....sorry. :no: (I like the other's suggestions, though....great info and ideas for keywords)

Gail

13. Gilo49

Gilo49 Alumni

Thanks everyone! I'm going with the Beach Party theme. Love it! Thanks Premierludwig for the "Brian's Drive In Theatre" link. Maureen, I'll be listing them (5 pairs for the moment) tomorrow afternoon. Hope I have your size. Joanne

14. Gail, do you mean 'deck shoes'?????

15. gaildavid

gaildavid VFG Member

Yes, deck shoes! Thanks for the reminder. :clapping:

Gail