1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wiggle & Sheath Dresses/Suits in Silk & Wool

Discussion in 'PUBLIC VFG Fashion Parades' started by MyVintageCocktail, Aug 28, 2006.

1. MyVintageCocktail

MyVintageCocktail VFG Member

Will be listing lots of tailored dress & jacket sets, wiggle sheath dresses, etc. this week. 50s, 60s, 70s, and a 1940s very unusual outfit. Many career-wear dresses & sets--"very wearable vintage"--reasonably priced. Most in fine silks & wools.

A sampling (the last one needs a repair & won't be listed right away, but I think it is so unique, I had to show it!):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Ooohhh! That first one is sumptuous, wish I still had the figure for that one!

3. MyVintageCocktail

Me too, LOL! These are getting me inspired to get off my butt and start working out again! Not that I would ever in a zillion years be able to wear these specific things, but if I could at least wear the styles again without looking like a stuffed sausage, I'd be delighted!!!!

4. They're all great, Anne! My fav is the first one as well, my colours, but not my size either.

5. Hattysattic

Hattysattic VFG Secretary

I think I like the last one best.. very glamorous! All lovely though :)

6. MyVintageCocktail

Harriet, the last is exceptional--very different, intriguing. When I finally get around to listing it, after it's been repaired, I'm thinking it could be called "goth" or "Morticia" or "Witchy Woman." ????

7. vintageclothesline

vintageclothesline VFG Member VFG Past President

Yes, and list that last one in October since it would make a wonderful costume.

8. bug12oz

bug12oz Registered Guest

I agree with Linda, wait a little longer on the last one and I bet you will get a better price for it!!!

9. MyVintageCocktail

Linda & Jamie, I had the same thought about listing it late Sept/early Oct as a costume, but would anyone pay fairly large bucks (i.e., over $100) for this as a costume? It indeed would make a great costume, but it is a one-of-a-kind--custom designed & custom tailored by/for a film costume designer--and I think it has greater significance beyond costume apparel. (Actually I would wear it as a cocktail dress if it fit me!) It has a documented history and is a unique example of late 40's styling--with much hand work. I'm rather hoping someone who appreciated its history & its style will want it once it's listed.... I'm sure my photos don't do it justice & I may have to get a live model for it, but it is very stunning in person, and the fabric is exquisite. I will have to show just the long vest by itself, as just that piece is a work of fashion art on its own--I've never seen anything quite like it.