1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wish me luck! I've re-joined the online Vintage selling community!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC VFG Fashion Parades' started by Elsewhere, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Elsewhere

Elsewhere VFG Member

Wish me luck! I\'ve re-joined the online Vintage selling community!

Yep!

I've been TRYING to wait for my website to be done -- but after one expensive fiasco and several more months of waiting for other options to pan out -- but I just can't wait any longer.

Soooo -- last week I opened a Ruby Lane shop... and today I listed several items on eBay (I know, I know). I am also considering listing some things on Etsy -- but still trying to work out what's best to list where.

I'm having a REALLY hard time getting back into the swing of things -- especially with descriptions! Ouch! It's been about over 2 years since I've sold ANYTHING online, and much longer since I did it regularly.
    Wish me luck!

My RubyLane link is below -- and I'll be adding my eBay link in a minute (though my listings STILL aren't showing up!!)

2. JulieW

JulieW Alumni

well. good luck then!!!

3. dorotheascloset

dorotheascloset Registered Guest

good luck!!!

Ang

4. thevintagebungalow

thevintagebungalow VFG Member

I like having both a RL and an Etsy store. Good luck with your new ventures!

5. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

6. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

BEST of luck to you. I'll be joining you soon for the colder months. I just sold my step-mom's jewelry on eBay (opening price) and got paid 3/4 days later. I'm one who pays right away for my purchases.

7. vivavintageclothing

vivavintageclothing VFG Member

Good luck Kristine! The Ruby Lane shop looks great--pretty stuff! :bouncy:

8. joules

joules VFG Member

9. BijouVintage

BijouVintage Alumni

:cheer: those smoking jackets on Ebay are SMOKIN' !!

good luck:cheer:

10. Elsewhere

Elsewhere VFG Member

Thanks, gals!

You'll notice I didn't have the guts to do actual eBay AUCTIONS -- only fixed price listings. Oops! I think I forgot to add the "BEST OFFER" thing. I figure that's like a reverse auction :)

I'm skeered!! But I did pretty good -- I'm up to 17 things on RL and 3 on eBay. Today I might try to tackle Etsy with some more mid-ranged trendy.

I have a LOT of designer -- 50's - 80's.
    Would that stuff be better on RL or Etsy? I'm not willing to risk designer on Ebay, I think. That really scares me for some reason... but maybe I'm being silly? Thoughts?

11. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

I'm sure you will do well with Ruby Lane, Kristine. I think it takes a little time and of course the more you can add there the better it should be.

12. Good Luck!

if you just want to sale your items Ruby Lane and Etsy will do well, i think. If you want to create a brand and an image you have to rule your own shop.

Alfred

13. bluevelvetvintage

bluevelvetvintage VFG Member

Best of luck to you, Kristine!

You've got some gorgeous things. That delicate white glass necklace is amazing!

14. bluevelvetvintage

bluevelvetvintage VFG Member

Best of luck to you, Kristine!

You've got some gorgeous things. That delicate white glass necklace is amazing!

15. Hattysattic

Hattysattic VFG Secretary

I want the dove demi - parure!

Looks great Kristine!!:excited:

16. senoritahollywood

senoritahollywood VFG Member

best of luck ! I think you made a great decision to NOT do auctions on ebay- I've only been disappointed with my results lately

17. morning-glorious

morning-glorious VFG Member

Your Ruby Lane store looks great, Kristine! Congrats!

I think trendy stuff will do better on etsy.

I like etsy and RL and both are doing well for me. My ebay auctions all tank. I still have an ebay store but am debating whether it's worth it anymore. It still brings in some money but is a pain in the arse in so many ways. RL makes it very easy to list, the listing process I find even faster than etsy. I tried Market Publique and had a few sales but can't get any momentum going there. My own website is doing pretty well, though.

So for me, I'm doing my own site, etsy and RL - and that seems to be working.

Jen