1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Woo Hoo, New Site Done!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC VFG Fashion Parades' started by Contentmentfarm, Feb 14, 2006.

1. :bouncy: This is me doing a happy dance!

I've been working on my new web site for months and months and it is finally live as of right now! Yippee!

I hope you'll visit if you have a chance. Please let me know if you see anything glaringly wrong, like spelling mistakes, broken links, missing photos etc. Everything has been checked and rechecked but sometimes you work so hard on something you can't see what's right in front of your face.

Yesterday I had a couple of pages that were acting funny. they looked fine on IE but not Firefox. They seem to be fixed but if you run across a page that just doesn't seem to look right, please let me know.

Thanks all! Enjoy!:bouncy:

2. crinolinegirl

crinolinegirl Alumni

Ooo. I wanna see! What is your URL? ;)

Lei

3. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

That looks great!!!!!!!!!

4. Hattysattic

Hattysattic VFG Secretary

Candy that's so snazzy - I love it! The little slide shows (? can't think of proper word!) are really cool.:USETHUMBUP:

5. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

Wonderful Job - so classy to match the clothes... and easy to access - nice and clear. :clapping:

6. crinolinegirl

crinolinegirl Alumni

Lovely!! Ooo and my newsletter just came through, time to go read it :)

Lei

7. bug12oz

bug12oz Registered Guest

I very much like the slide show too......

I would very much like to learn how you did that.

I did notice one thing. above the picture slide show it says "gift reminder/send page to a friend". I noticed espeically on the accessories section that when the slide show loads, it covers up most of that, so all you see is the very tip of that line.

but definelty inspired to revamp me website with those slide shows....me quite jealous:drool::drool:

8. Thanks to everyone for visiting and your feedback.

Jamie, I thought I'd fixed all the pages where the slide show covered the links but I can adjust those pages some more. I think that it shows differently depending on the browser and perhaps monitor settings, so what looks right on mine may not look right on others. It's good to know when something isn't displaying properly. I'll see what I can do.

The slide shows are done as flash files (SWF extensions). There are a number of programs that you can use to create them but there's a learning curve to go along with it. I'm still not 100% on them, but it is getting easier to make them.

Thanks again for the positive comments and feedback!

9. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

Beautiful!!

Can't wait till I have time to really go through it all

Hollis

10. gaildavid

gaildavid VFG Member

:clapping: Very well done, Candy. I love the slide show, too :USETHUMBUP:

Gail

11. Renderking Fisk

Renderking Fisk Registered Guest

Great website... simple and clean and yet there's so much there!

12. misscoconut

misscoconut Registered Guest

I LOVE YOUR WEBSITE!! :hiya: Congratualtions on your recent debut! I can't wait to add slide shows to my website too, it's just mesmerizing! And your items are absolutely beautiful! I am usually more of a mid-to-late 20th century kind of fashion girl, but your site really does justice to the older pieces! They look fabulous! And the site is so easy to navigate, I LOVE IT!
    Cheers,
    Bess