1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wool and Fox Fur Lilli Ann Coat

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by shesabettie, Feb 7, 2011.

1. shesabettie

shesabettie Registered Guest

Hi everyone!

I came across this beautiful coat this past weekend at a local consignment shop. I was thrilled to see that it was a Lilli Ann label. Although the label itself leads me to believe it is late 50's to early 60's, the style with the large collar seems more 40's to 50's to me.

Can anyone confirm the approximate date? Any other relevant information would be greatly appreciated, also.

Thanks!
    Jenn
    SHESABETTIE! Fine Vintage Clothing and Accessories

2. shesabettie

Also, I am trying to attach a photo of the back, but cannot figure out how to attach another photo or attach more than one at a time. Suggestions? Thanks.

3. Great find!! I'm seeing early 60's.

4. cmpollack

cmpollack VFG Member

Ooh, pretty!

I see early 60s, too--the buttons, the cuffs, and the nubby/boucle-like fabric all say it to me...

As far as extra photos--maybe the problem is you tried to add more than one to a post? You actually do have to stick to one at a time!

5. shesabettie

Thanks for both of your replies. Actually, the fabric is not a boucle texture, but more of a "furry" wool texture. I agree. The straight and shorter length of the bodice and the buttons made me think 60s, but the capelet seemed more 50s. Perhaps it was an "evolving trends" piece!

I am going to attempt to attach a photo of the back. If it doesn't work, the back has the same fox fur along the backside only. I have never seen that before! When I tried it on, I couldn't help but shake my tail feathers!

6. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

You "can" attach more than one photo - if your photos are hosted online on a server like Photobucket, Picassa, Imageevent, etc.

If there is a Union label in the coat it will probably the 1955-1963 blue and white label but if it's the 1964- 1974 Union label that will help date it. I think it's early '60's, too.

7. shesabettie

Ah, thanks for the help Linn! I will set up a PhotoBucket account so I can more easily attach multiple photos in the future.

There are additional labels so I will look at them more closely and confirm what I learn. But it sounds very likely early 60s is correct.

Thank you all for your expert opinions!

8. foofoogal

foofoogal Registered Guest

The black part looks like curly lamb from my screen.