1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would these be spectator shoes?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by little-bea, Oct 23, 2005.

1. little-bea

little-bea Registered Guest

Hi!!
    I love this site and learn soooo much from you guys just from reading everything!!! This time I actually have a question though...

Would these shoes be considered spectator shoes? (I'm not really sure what spectator shoes means really. ?!?) I'm trying to figure out an approx. date and way to describe these. Any help would be appreciated!

2. little-bea

another pic...Are these too ugly to sell? (My hubby says they're ugly...but there's something I like about them.)

3. Yes, I would call them spectator shoes and platforms. Look in your fashion mags from this fall. I think these would be loafer pumps, too. I will see if I can find a scan.

4. little-bea

Thanks Linda!
    :hiya:

Does the term spectator shoes just refer to the two tones? :puzzled:

5. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

Hi - those are cute! (and i like two toned shoes so i am biased!)

The definition of a spectator shoe is a two toned oxford type of shoe for men - i guess just add a comfortable heel and that goes for women too, but i would wait for more knowledgeable shoe folk to come along. I know somethings about platforms and I like two toned shoes, but i don't really know volumes and volumes

To me, I usually see and like to see a little more representation of the second color, but I am sure there are all sorts of variations. But the wing tip detail perforations are definitely there.

6. Patentleathershoes

BTW, Welcome Yarah!

Chris

7. little-bea

Thanks! It's such a great site!! I feel lucky to have come across it!

8. hatfeathers

hatfeathers VFG Member

A bit of platform can always help a shoe move on to a new home!
    They have a sort of cute Mary Jane look to them. I always think of spectators as high contrast (black and white). These look like a nice oxford.

My best friend would wear those in a heartbeat! (something tells me they aren't size 10, though)

Jenn

9. little-bea

You're right Jenn...good eye!! They're a size 7. Thanks for all the great info!! I'm going through my shoes right now and might have another question. (...hope I don't drive ya'll bonkers!)

10. Patentleathershoes

Oooh too tiny for me,...darn!

11. vanzy10

vanzy10 Registered Guest

Just wanted to say I LOVE these, definately not too ugly to sell! Vanessa