1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you call the colour of this mink blonde?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by themerchantsofvintage, Dec 9, 2008.

1. No label with the colour on this mink and I'm going buggy eyed checking through listings trying to determine the colour - there's not much consistency in colour from listing to listing. Would you consider this blonde?

Thanks!

2nd pic is an autumn haze that I recently sold and was labeled Genuine Emba Autumn Haze

3rd pic is a Hudson's Bay Coat that I'm about to list and it matches the stole I just put up that is pastel mink

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. cmpollack

cmpollack VFG Member

I had a stole this color last year--my FIL (a retired furrier) had picked it up for me, and he described the color as the result of crossbreeding white Finnish with pastel-colored “Autumn Haze” mink.

I put that bit of furrier jargon in the description, but went for a vernacular "champagne blonde" in the item title--sure enough, a buyer found it right away! (I think this color is more sought after than the darker "pastel" brown...)

3. Coutureallure

Coutureallure Alumni

Deborah, does this stole have an Emba label?

4. Thanks ladies. I put in a few more pics for comparison. Does Autumn Haze come in several shades? There is no Emba label on this stole.

5. cmpollack

cmpollack VFG Member

Deborah--now that you have the other pics for comparison, I'm wondering if yours isn't straight Autumn Haze/pastel mink. Are the two stoles the same shade, or is the first lighter?

Here's a pic of mine (that was AH cross bred with Finnish/white mink):

[​IMG]

I still think "blonde" describes your first one, though!

6. Gorgeous stole, Carrie!

The label on the second stole read in full: "Emba AH brand natural brown mutation mink"

And if I'm understanding correctly all the AH minks come in different colours, yes? (I had assumed AH was a colour for some odd reason). And this would be a blond one. Crossed with what I wonder?

Oh dear, one questions begets another....

7. cmpollack

cmpollack VFG Member

8. Coutureallure

Coutureallure Alumni

Thanks, Carrie! There is more info about EMBA colors here. Autumn Haze was one of their trademarked color names, so I'd say that's what you have on the second anyway.

9. Great blog, Jody! Thanks for the link, Carrie!

Below is the label from the 2nd mink above Jody, if you'd like to use it at all, feel free.

I'm still a bit confused. Autumn haze is a result of mutating (cross breeding really) a natural brown mink with another coloured mink. Yes?

And to get the colour blond above in the first stole there would have had to have been some cross breeding going on as well? Or dyed?

I'm feeling quite thick. :BAGUSE:

And is that really Celine Dion? I don't recognize her at all.

[​IMG]