1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you please vote for me? Added: results & TV segment

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by denisebrain, Sep 6, 2008.

1. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

I've already asked the trade side of the VFG for their votes, and now I am asking the "extended family":

I am one of the 25 finalists in More magazine's Reinventing the F-Word Contest.

The magazine, which caters to women over 40, is holding a contest to reinvent the F-word (for women over forty...get it? F-word?) in a few words and photos. My F word is Finery, related to my vintage clothing business. The contest is in its second phase, with visitors to the More.com website voting daily. Right now I'm trying to be in the top 5 on September 15, when the final judging takes place.

The link to the voting page is:
    here

A quick registration is required. This is my entry, the one I'd like to encourage Chicago-style (early and often) voting on:

[​IMG]

I'm advocating, as always, for vintage clothing with my words and picture. More has major readership, and my winning would truly make women over 40 think about vintage for the joy it is to me and is--or could be--for them. It would be great to have your help!

2. hatfeathers

hatfeathers VFG Member

I've been doing it every day, its super easy! I even entered a few contests while I was on the More pages.

Yeah, she's over 40, I know what you are thinking, she's shown pictures to proove it!

3. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

i've been votin' too, Maggie!! it's SO easy, and i love the MORE website (i've entered some of those contests, too, Jenn!! :) )

Go Maggie Go Maggie!:cheer:

4. Ookoo

Ookoo Registered Guest

Done did it!

5. BijouVintage

BijouVintage Alumni

It requires a registration with an email address but I have received ZERO spam from doing this!! Do it Do It!!:cheer:

6. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

Up to 311 Maggie!

Come on guys.....register (it's painless, fast and easy) and
    vote for Maggie!

Sue

7. avamac

avamac Alumni

We've been voting and voting....our Maggie SO deserves the recognition...:wub:

8. atticville

atticville Alumni

9. denisebrain

KK, would you be my campaign manager? :kiss2:

10. BijouVintage

BijouVintage Alumni

Maggie is in 3rd place!!!

keep it going ya'll:clapping:

11. avamac

avamac Alumni

F is for FABULOUS....unlike the OTHER election, please vote every day!

12. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

13. I think we need a Vote for Maggie smilie !!! :icon_pugsrule: This one will have to do for now. Teehee!!

14. denisebrain

[​IMG]

:spin:

15. claireshaeffer

claireshaeffer VFG Member

Please post daily so we can find the website easily. It's so much easier to just click to open the website. Good luck. Claire

16. BijouVintage

BijouVintage Alumni

Voting is over!! Maggie's in the top three!!

17. hatfeathers

hatfeathers VFG Member

Darn, I was just getting in the groove of voting each morning.

18. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

i know!! lol!

get coffee, :icon_dante: , click on VFG, find Maggie, click and vote!

yay, Maggie! top 3!!!! :clapping:

19. denisebrain

Yes!!!!! THANK YOU for doing so much for me!!!

Now, I had no idea they were cutting off voting like that. They next thing I think they are doing is coming up with five finalists, who will be posted on the 15th. They may pull the same trick of having the public vote on those five, so I may have to come ask again for your help. The whole thing will be over on September 30th, thank heavens!

20. BijouVintage

BijouVintage Alumni

It just let me vote again.. WEIRD.. VOTE on FOLKS!!