1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you say Steampunk? or ?? *listed*

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by BijouVintage, Nov 14, 2008.

1. BijouVintage

BijouVintage Alumni

Gothic for sure.. but steampunk?

or what? I'm lacking keywords on this one in a big way!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. That's beautiful~

With a wide leather belt I'm thinking steampunk. But I haven't been hip for years so don't go by me:cool:

3. claireshaeffer

claireshaeffer VFG Member

4. Jluthye

Jluthye Registered Guest

what the heck is steampunk? lol never heard of such a thing!!... I think of i dont know if this is the right word but Victorian inspired...or colonial.... I don;t know if those will come up in searches but tis what I think of...

I can not believe you are not keeping this piece for yourself lol!

I WANT THE LINK PLEASE!!!!

thank s and good luck with it.. I am an ecentric person and I LOVE LOve...DID I SAY llllooooovvveeeee this

5. GORGEOUS! i love the peplum/ bustle!

i think its "romantic" enough to be Steampunk!

isnt steampunk the combination of industry & romance? i know Victorian is steampunk, so even tho thats not victorian, it looks it? I would do both Goth & steampunk.

i'm so jealous of the fall color in the background! we're not having fall yet.. and i so miss it!

von

6. joules

joules VFG Member

7. joules

joules VFG Member

Or how about Steampunk Gothic? (Your hair looks amazingly cute too, by the way.)

8. Victoriana??

9. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

Hey Beth, that back panel is semisheer, yes? Hope you don't mind if I post this for comparison - I bet it's an 80s contemporary of yours.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I called it Lolita Goth because of the puffed sleeves, but never thought about steampunk. It didn't sell at auction so will be going either to the store or website soon.

Maybe we should market them together as a mother-daughter set!
    :D

10. cmpollack

cmpollack VFG Member

I haven't posted on this thread because I'll be darned if (though I think the outfit is smashing and that you carry it off to perfection) I can tell when exactly that is from. (Part of the problem is the foreshortened shots--I can't really tell exactly what happens on the bottom half, especially in front...)

Can someone enlighten me on date for this? 80s?

(And Neovictorian Steampunk Gothic sounds like it covers all the right bases here!)

11. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

Carrie, I think Beth's bottom half is not for sale.
    :embaressed: :lol:

12. cmpollack

cmpollack VFG Member

13. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

If you could somehow add on a watch movement as a brooch or two or three of them onto the front of the jacket, that would really clinch the steampunk look!

14. Jluthye

Jluthye Registered Guest

Well if it fits you can bet that I will bid on it lol!!!! :) i LOVE LOVE LOVE it

15. I wonder if Jluthye likes this dress...hmmmmm :scratchchin: :hysterical:

16. BijouVintage

BijouVintage Alumni

:wub: thanks gals.. yeah its a cutie. It is actually a jacket layered over a satiny nightgown.. Definitely was thinking 80's on this .. I like the idea of goth victoriana and steampunk.. I'll try to use all three.

and perhaps post a link once its listed:cool2:

17. BijouVintage

BijouVintage Alumni