1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xfinity 1980s “opus” red velvet jacket dress Inquiry

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by mckennathings, Apr 8, 2020.

1. mckennathings

mckennathings Registered Guest

Hello everyone,

I am new to vintage and sell online. I’m looking for information on the tag “Xntrix” and how much to price a 1980 “opus”- not sure what that means red velvet jacket dress. Photos and tag included.

Any resources to learn more about vintage and advice is greatly appreciated. I’m happy to feature anyone that helps on my Instagram @mckennathings if desired. :)

Thank you,
    McKenna

Attached Files:

2. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Hi McKenna, we cannot help with valuations here. I have never seen this label before. Is the word opus on the white hanging tag? Perhaps someone else here will be familiar with this particular label. There is a company now with that same name in China but the label looks different.

Could the word OPUS be from a 2nd hand shop it was purchased from?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
  3. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

This looks late 80s, maybe mid. Think Prince and the Revolution. I'd not worry so much about the label for pricing but price for style. I say this because there were many labels then for 'knock off' clothing which this might be.

Retro Ruth likes this.
  4. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

I believe you will find the label says XNTRIK (not XNTRIX), as in 'Eccentric', and if you Google "Xntrik" you should find information about that line.

EDITED TO ADD: HERE is label info

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
    poppysvintageclothing likes this.
  5. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member