1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your St.Michael Labels required please :)

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by catwalkcreative, Sep 10, 2009.

1. I'm trying to compile an updated list of St.Michaels labels (now known as Marks & Spencer). We have a few on the label resource but the array of labels over the years is quite immense!

If you have any vintage St.Michaels clothing/lingerie that you know the date of (40's, 50's, 60's etc), please attach a photo along with the front and back of the label as shown in the example below. The dress I've shown here dates from the early 80's.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks everyone! I'll be very interested to see what you've got in your collections so don't be shy :USETHUMBUP:

2. It will indeed! Thank you very much :USETHUMBUP: What a sweet coat. :)

3. Just a quick reminder for your St.Michaels labels - pretty please. :)

4. coffeegrl

coffeegrl Registered Guest

Hi Lousie, here you are :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. coffeegrl

Sorry they're so big, feel free to do what you want or need with them.

6. awaywiffairies

awaywiffairies Registered Guest

....do you want me to repost my labels Louise?

Wow Val, they are big LMAO! :o :spin:

Sarah :icon_dante:

7. Yes please. Just so I've got them in one place.

Val - could you let me know what decade the boots and apron are from?

Thanks a million guys! Once I've collected a few labels (I have another four), I'm going to contact M&S to see if they can clarify and we'll get them up on the label resource. It will be great to have a few more St.Michaels labels on there. :USETHUMBUP:

Anyone else that has St.Michael labels please post them here.

8. awaywiffairies

awaywiffairies Registered Guest

Basic Orlon cardi - 1960s
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

early to mid 70s lurex weave sweater
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

early to mid 70s? (no modern care label & blank reverse, but there's a tiny tag with 143/283 product no
    [​IMG][​IMG]

9. Thanks Sarah! :USETHUMBUP:

10. coffeegrl

Hi Louise that boots are 1970s and the apron I was told on here is 1960s - Jonathon said late 70's on the boots, and I think it was mid 60s on the apron. Sarah - those are my small pictures :hysterical:

11. Thanks Val. :)

12. nostalgic*collections

nostalgic*collections Registered Guest

[​IMG]

Late 80's, Early 90's Nightgown

[​IMG]

Vicki

13. Thank you Vivki :)

14. BagDiva

BagDiva Guest

here are my three...

[​IMG]

1940's tea dress

[​IMG]
    late 1960's ear;y 70's lurax top

15. I've just got the lurex label. Could you re-post the other two? Thanks so much. :)

16. cactusandcattails

cactusandcattails VFG Member VFG Past President

Here you go Louise. I am presuming late 60s/early 70s on this bathing suit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Didnt get a shot of the back of the label but here is the info:

Warm Wash, Dry Away From Direct Heat

Made in Britain

147/922M

17. Thanks Brenda! :USETHUMBUP:

18. TinTrunk

TinTrunk Registered Guest

Great idea Louise! There's so many variations in M&S labels - I wonder if the company has kept records of them all? I know they have an archive.

There was also a book out recently - 'Fashion for the People: a history of clothing at Marks & Spencer' by Rachel Worth - that might be helpful.

Anyway, I've just posted a 1940s apron on the M&S thread in the label forum (before I found this one) so I'm hoping its ok to add it here too:

[​IMG]

and here's its label:

[​IMG]

19. Just got your post. Thanks very much Sarah! :) That's a great one for the list. I think I'll keep this going a while longer and see what other labels come up. You're right, there's so many. I've checked their online history guide but not a label in sight. I might just contact M&S once I've collected all these and see if they can clarify. Thanks again! :hiya:

20. TinTrunk

TinTrunk Registered Guest

You're most welcome!

I'll see if I've got any other examples, but I don't think I'll find an older one than that :)