1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your thoughts on any of these shoes...

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by onceoza, Jul 18, 2012.

1. onceoza

onceoza Registered Guest

Got this group today. Would love to know your thoughts.

Prada
    They close with velco straps. Thinking 1970's?

[​IMG]

Jack Rogers
    Fabulous lucite heels! What's the best thing to use to reattach the inner sole? (is that the term?)

[​IMG]

Marilyn
    Fabric covering. Not sure what type of fabric

[​IMG]

Gaymode

[​IMG]

2. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

The Gaymodes are the earliest - probably late 60s, Marylin are next, c. 1970ish, The Jack Rogers are late 70s, the Pradas though, I think are mid 90s - I don't think Prada even did shoes in the 70s.

3. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

I just checked - Prada didn't start doing shoes until 1984, so the first pair is probably mid 90s at the earliest.

4. onceoza

onceoza Registered Guest

I was going by the heel height. They are huge!

5. I think the Prada shoes are a little more modern that that: late '90s to around 2000. I had a few pairs of wedge heel/square toe/velcro strap shoes in 2000-2001 and I'd expect Prada to be fashion forward.

The Marilyn shoes could be '90s too: I had a pair in about '95 that shared the toe and the thin bow. They were '60s influenced, like many fashions of the '90s and it will help if you can show photos of the interior and sole.