1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

YSL and Dior Belts....How to Date?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by dorotheascloset, Jan 21, 2007.

1. dorotheascloset

dorotheascloset Registered Guest

They CAME with the assortment of shoes and things I got yesterday that were all late 60s to early 70s. Box full, labeled "fashion belts", all belts look 60s ish (really cool mod ones, etc). But no idea how to know for sure on these. Any thoughts or tips on dating belts? I dont normally see good ones, just the plain ones that go with dresses! Thanks...Ang
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

(YSL)

2. dorotheascloset

Here's the Dior....this one is fantastic! Thanks....Ang

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. cactusandcattails

cactusandcattails VFG Member VFG Past President

I think belts are among the hardest to date. I dont think it matters if you are specific, maybe just the decade if possible.

I cant speak for the Dior, but I sold THIS YSL last year and was blown away by the price and the interest.

If you list, they will buy!!

4. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

good heaven's brenda, what a find/sale!!! good for you!:USETHUMBUP:

oh, and sorry, i'm not much help w/belts either, although that YSL looks pretty 60-ish -70-ish...and the Dior looks more 80's-ish

5. cmpollack

cmpollack VFG Member

wow, that Dior belt is incredible--is it very heavy? this doesn't ring any definite bells for me (ie on the year medieval was big or Dior did a Guinevere collection...), but I'd agree with Mary that it looks 80s, and the chain loop one is late 60-ish. Great finds!

6. dorotheascloset

Holy buckets, Brenda, thats one of the coolest belts I've ever seen! This collection of belts is pretty amazing, as belts go. I opened the box and went, ack, a box of BELTS? The top ones were super cool 60s mod leathers....then the next were little plastic discs set into stretch metal that reverse to a different color.....some killer leather sashes, an obi, more chains....she really had good belts! A sampling...
    [​IMG]

There's a wide brown leather one, soft & scrunchy that is superb....especially right now w/ styles as they are, everything belted! I need to do a serious belt photoshoot today if its sunny!

Thanks, I hadn't really thought of 80s yet but now that you mention it it A) does look 80s and B) I can picture some other belts in the box being 80s as well, so it makes sense.

Ang