1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

YSL Dress Vintage ? Authentic ?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by UndoneMrs, Feb 2, 2010.

1. UndoneMrs

UndoneMrs Registered Guest

Hi there, first time to post ! Lurked on here forever. I wonder if someone could help with more info on this dress. I was thinking it was late 70s/early 80s YSL (leaning on early 80s due to length). Attatched Saint Laurent Label, but no size or fabric content. I know that YSL usually has a paper-y tag thats usually attatched to the bottom of the design label, I think maybe it was removed due to the semi-sheer body con nature of this dress. Here are pics of dress, label and inside waist seams. No lining, although the diamond shaped waist detail is lined. Anyway hope that makes some sort of sense and that the pictures turn out.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. cactusandcattails

cactusandcattails VFG Member VFG Past President

Welcome!

I would say late 70s/early 80s

Did you check the VFG label resource?

HERE

3. queen0ftheang3ls

queen0ftheang3ls Registered Guest

I can't offer any help about the authenticity (although it does seem reasonable that someone would've cut out the tag in the side seam), but I love the dress! I don't know if it's the lighting, or the way you have it laid out, but the fabric looks like liquid metal. And anytime a designer decides to just slap a pile of rhinestones on something, it is okay with me!

I do agree with your dating - late 70s/early 80s makes sense for the length/style.