1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

YUM - A private collection of vintage

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by amandainvermont, Jan 9, 2008.

1. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

This was just shared on another forum where I participate and perhaps some of you have not seen it.

http://tinyurl.com/22rg5f

2. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

she likes Whitakers auctions - I see a lot of familiar pretty faces. Very nice of her to keep a gallery where they can be seen again!

Hollis

3. BagDiva

BagDiva Guest

HOW LOVELY TO SHARE THIS...DELICIOUS!!

4. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

what a wonderful collection, thanks for sharing the link, Amanda!

5. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

I am pea green with envy since she has several items that I wanted and even bid upon...

her orange Schiaparelli hat is ugly :P

6. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

7. artisannes

artisannes VFG Member VFG Past President

I believe she is the expert on Miriam Haskell and had a book published recently.

Ha - I see we share the same Minnie and Mickey Mouse coat. I always feel guilty wearing mine - so many Minnie's and Mickey's had to die to make it.

8. avamac

avamac Alumni

NICE..! We corresponded a bit on the MINNIE faux fur, since I have had one in the shop.....my partners thought I was nuts.

9. artisannes

goodness a trio of coat snaps

10. avamac

avamac Alumni

I loved mine....my partners just HOWLED about it not being authentic vintage....until it sold to a very smart lady from NYC.

11. avamac

avamac Alumni

Yes, she's the end Haskell expert/collector; she bought the insane Haskell earrings I posted to the forum.

[​IMG]

12. Talk about Eye Candy! That page is spectacular. I hope this is not OT but I see some Eisenberg Originals on her page. I had one in the past, but I could not find any info on the label, other than jewelry. Does anybody know the label? I hope I am not hi-jacking!

13. avamac

avamac Alumni

According to the books, the clothing label pre-dates the jewelry...the story goes that the Eisenbergs were designing upscale crepe dresses and adding the big pins and clips as a lagniappe. (The dresses must have been PRICEY!). When they heard constant complaints about the pins 'disappearing', they went into the jewelry business.

AND I see that there's great info on this very thing on the VFG Label Forum, link above!

14. Oh my! I cleaned out my collection today (built up over 28 years) and almost everything went into shop stock. Looking at that makes me want to keep all the good stuff again!

Jonathan, I'm sure the orange Schiaparelli hat wouldn't be so ugly if she didn't have it on back to front!

15. cactusandcattails

cactusandcattails VFG Member VFG Past President

Hey that Eisenberg looks like Pinky-A-GoGo's. It sure looks like her manni in those photos!

16. cmpollack

cmpollack VFG Member

Yes, Cathy is author of "Miriam Haskell Jewelry" and incredibly generous with her time and expertise in helping others identify early unsigned pieces.

I'd seen the pics of her Schiaps before, but I'm drooling all over again... And I LOVE that plaid Eisenberg gown...

She also has photo galleries of her jewelry collection, which is really magnificent (and gets more magnificent all the time)--really fabulous Deco and antique pieces as well as mid century and contemporary.

17. artisannes

Yes she has also used a shot from monroe1053 (now Hollywood vintage I think) because I recognise the manne and photo style