1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yves Saint Laurent + 1

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by BeeswaxVintage, Oct 6, 2011.

1. BeeswaxVintage

BeeswaxVintage Registered Guest

Hey everyone, this is my first time asking for help here. I hope you guys can provide some insight.

1) I have this old YSL fabric that I inherited from my great grandmother. I can't decide on its authenticity and I don't know where she got it from. She was a seamstress her whole life and basically left behind boxes of fabric for things she was "going to start something with". This YSL is silky like a scarf material and has a shiny luster to it. It was in a box with other fabrics from the 60s and late 50s (according to my grandmother). Hope one of you guys can help me out with some info on its authenticity and how someone may have acquired this.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2) I have this Adrianna Papell dress and want to give a name to this pattern. I think the dress is early 80s but made of rayon so it feels and looks like a classic 40s dress. I'm not sure what to call the pattern. I saw something similar and the person was calling it batik? Help, please.

[​IMG]

2. joules

joules VFG Member

That is YSL lining fabric.

The second print, I would call a novelty print, geometric African-inspired. Clearly from the 80s, I agree.