1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yves Saint Laurent: Style is Eternal UK exhibition

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by Pinkcoke, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

2. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

They stole Nicole's title!

3. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

I did wonder who came up with it first, but I was watching/reading something the other day that said an exhibition is usually planned 2 years in advance! I suppose it might mean they won't be able to produce an accompanying brochure of the same name.
    At least there should be increased online buzz with the name when it opens.

4. I like to think that I'm catching the zeitgeist :drinking2:

The quote is YSL's: "Fashion fades, style is eternal". I certainly won't complain if anyone thinks my book has inspired it but of course, it's the other way around.

Pity we'll miss it as it doesn't open until July - we're planning our April UK trip now.

cmpollack and Retro Ruth like this.
  5. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

I'm sure it will be fab, even if it's not as big as the one of a few years ago that toured several cities (but who knows...). I caught it on the last day it was on in Montreal and spent hours in there. So much fabulousness to see! And it wasn't just the outfits themselves, they were all correctly accessorised too, down to (costume) jewelry.

cmpollack likes this.
  6. cmpollack

cmpollack VFG Member

It does look phenomenal, doesn't it? I have to admit, that "some of which will be displayed" line is a bit offputting! But presumably with Pierre Berge's support they'll have access to some very special pieces.