1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to the Public Forums? Please introduce yourself: 2024!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Information Center - Welcome to the Forums' started by MagsRags, Jan 1, 2024.

1. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

2. Emily Massey

Emily Massey Registered Guest

Hi-

My name is Emily and I am an online Reseller and lover of Vintage Fashion and Home Decor. I have not sold any of my Vintage items at this point.
    I am always watching Dr. Lori on YouTube if you are familiar. I have an obsession with vintage lamps too.. lol
    I have a sweater that I posted about on another thread.

Thanks so much for allowing me to be one here and the opportunity to connect with such a wonderful group of people!

Warm Regards,

Emily

Shusteroo likes this.
  3. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

4. Shusteroo

Shusteroo VFG Member

Hello and welcome Emily :hiya:
    Dr Lori is great, I've watched quite a few of her videos on vintage jewellery. She's interesting, knowledgeable, down-to-earth and I love her sense of humour.

5. Suzaan

Suzaan Registered Guest

Greetings from art historian/critic/author Suzaan Boettger (that is "suzanne BETger") in NYC! To the art world, I'm known as the author of the recent first bio, "Inside the Spiral: The Passions of Robert Smithson," about the creator of the magisterial "Spiral Jetty" in the Great Salt Lake and the impact of his family role as a "replacement child." But I've been an art critic for decades.

I have a large refined collection of clipon earrings and am just about to list maybe 50 on ebay and etsy. Also trying to 'deaccession' vintage clothes, both of these temporary engagements until these sell, however long that takes. Or until I figure out what ELSE to do with them.

Thank you for your help identifying some of the obscurities of these treasured possessions -- soon, I hope, to be others'.

Suzaan

6. Andy Sartorius

Andy Sartorius Registered Guest

Hello, fashion aficionados!

I’m Andy Sartorius, a fervent advocate for unique design and personal expression through fashion. My journey in the fashion world has been driven by an undying passion for standout pieces that not only define but redefine style. With a keen eye for aesthetics honed in the bustling, creative streets of Los Angeles, I’ve cultivated a special love for accessories that speak volumes—bucket hats, to be precise. But not just any bucket hats; I’m all about those that offer a twist, a reversible feature that allows you to wear your imagination on your sleeve—or in this case, on your head.

Having worked in various facets of the fashion industry, from design to marketing, I’ve seen firsthand how a single accessory can transform an outfit from great to unforgettable. My philosophy? Fashion should be a canvas for experimentation, a realm where reversible styles aren’t just convenient but a doorway to expressing the multifaceted nature of our personalities.

Outside of my professional life, I’m an avid explorer of the art scene, constantly on the lookout for pieces and patterns that push boundaries. This love for art profoundly influences my fashion sense, driving me towards pieces that are not just wearable but are pieces of art in themselves.

I join the Vintage Fashion Guild with the hope of connecting with like-minded individuals, sharing insights, and discovering the latest trends that challenge our perceptions of what fashion can be. Let’s revolutionize the way we think about our wardrobes, one reversible piece at a time.

Looking forward to engaging conversations and insightful exchanges!

Best,
    Andy

Nonna likes this.
  7. Brian Boru

Brian Boru Registered Guest

Hi, I'm male, in my 70s, retired and of Irish nationality resident in Ireland.
    My main interest is early cycling history and have accumulated a fairly sizable collection of related ephemera.
    I also have an interest in old photographs and recently donated a few from c. 1900 to the Irish Photographic Archive.
    As regards fashion I like to wear casual most of the time but as a frequent customer of charity (thrift) shops am always on the look out for quality genuine vintage.

Retro Ruth likes this.
  8. Lacey Willis

Lacey Willis Registered Guest

Hi everyone! Happy to be here :) new to vintage finds and excited to learn more!

9. Olajumoke

Olajumoke Registered Guest

Hello everyone, I'm thrilled to be here and hoping to learn about vintage fashion the best possible way

10. Midge

11. GraceG

GraceG Registered Guest

Hello everyone;
    I came upon this site as I was searching for a garment designed by my uncle, Roy Gaynor. I did find a jacket on ebay which I purchased. Also saw a post from someone who thinks she may be a long lost relative of his… which means she would be one of mine as well. My dad, James Fitzroy Gaynor is also deceased and he and his brother were estranged later in life. I may have met my uncle as a child but have no memory of him. When “Bella” posted a photo of him the resemblance to my Dad was uncanny. Thank you for this site!
    Grace Gaynor

12. Midge

13. Fabifabi

Fabifabi Registered Guest

14. Susan Pape

Susan Pape Registered Guest

Hello, I am Susan. I am hoping to learn more about vintage clothing. Thank you for letting me join!

15. Ana Rodrigues

Ana Rodrigues Registered Guest

Hello,

I'm Ana Rodrigues, I live in Brazil (English is not my native language, so I apologize for possible future mistakes). I worked with photography for years, but I was always very interested in fashion. I started mining in 2005 and fell in love with vintage fashion. Over the last 5 years I started collecting national vintage fashion with the purpose of creating a public collection. My biggest focus of interest is Brazilian fashion, but when I find an incredible vintage piece I end up purchasing it. I've been researching on this platform for some time and have always wanted to contribute photos of pieces that I find interesting. I really admire your work.