1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you NEW?? Introduce Yourself!! 2006-2014

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Information Center - Welcome to the Forums' started by Patentleathershoes, Feb 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BagDiva

BagDiva Guest

well youve come to the right place then!! welcome...

2. gaildavid

gaildavid VFG Member

Hi and welcome to the VFG! :hiya: There are alot of wonderful knowledgable people here. It is always nice to be around those who share your passion. :bouncy:

Gail

3. SparrowVintage

SparrowVintage Registered Guest

Thank you both for your warm welcoming!

4. tweany

tweany Registered Guest

Hi there
    I just wanted to dip my toe in to say a little Hi, and to offer a quick brief.
    Firstly, I have popped in and out of the forum for some time, and now just registered as a 'friend'
    My home is the UK although I have worked and lived abroad.
    Guess my interest in Vintage started in the 70's when I had to buy a 2nd hand coat to watch a huge fire display as so worried that my best coat would be ruined, these fireworks are so huge that they are called squibbs, constisting of large poles with powerful explosives to light, the last one out won, its a tradition in one of my local towns.
    From this I would also gather heaps of old gloves for the sparklers, the hand held fireworks that the little peeps play with, back then we did not call our clothes vintage just 2nds.
    From this I had a passion for calling into all the charity shops where ever I lived to jazz up a garment ect. I so loved the cut, feel and styles and that I was for ever go back to college for another course I needed to spread my budget
    So over the years many items have passed through my hands, many were just stored away.
    I have so many passions as have made bestoke cards, organic hampers, grown plants for stores, but now I am not so well I have slowed down and have now started to sort out my collections.
    Lots of my friends are trained in textiles, tayloring all sorts of hands on, one has just gained his degree at St Martins in London.
    Its handy where I live as the Bath Fashion museum is approx just over an hour away, which is a fab city in itself to visit.
    So thats a little about me and to how I accidently got into Vintage........ lots to sort out
    If health allows I will be trying for a web site with an I.T friend, but for now I am on leave due to poor health and just admire the huge collection, oh of course I still have those 40's, 50's coats from the firework display.
    My 1st post was sent recently regarding ACE zips, funny ole question I know, but I love researching everything
    Hoping to catch up with some of you in the near future:USETHUMBUP:
    next time I'll share how I got the name Tweany :) for those interested!
    bye for now ;)
    Tweany
    -x-

5. dorotheascloset

dorotheascloset Registered Guest

Welcome!!

ang

6. pinky-a-gogo

pinky-a-gogo VFG Member VFG Past President

7. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

8. circathen

circathen Registered Guest

Hi everyone, my name is Vonda. I have been interested in vintage for a long time now. I love it all..everything from housewares, furniture, lighting, barware but my favorite is clothing, purses, shoes, accessories and jewelry. I had collected a few keepsakes but I started to seriously collect vintage home decor and such when we bought our house which was built in 1967. These things are borrowed from other people's life journey but cherished as if it were my own to be passed down to my kids one day. I mixed vintage with contemporary and just love it. The same with my clothing..it's not uncommon to see me in an unusual pair of vintage shoes, purse and jewelry to go with whatever I am wearing. Vintage fits my personality.

So that's a bit about me. I am excited to be here! I have used the resources here numerous times. Well I am off to check out the threads and hope to "meet" each of you and look forward to continuing my education of vintage by learning and sharing with you. :saint:

9. Welcome!

So nice to have you here Vonda.

10. retro_threadz

retro_threadz Registered Guest

Hello Ive been coming to this website for quite some time but never realized there was a forum, Im so excited to be part of this site. Its a wealth of information. Well done everyone.

:hiya:

11. retro_threadz

I just wanted to introduce myself, my name is Mary . I love this website it has a wealth of information. Thank you for having me.

12. cactusandcattails

cactusandcattails VFG Member VFG Past President

Hi Mary. Welcome! :hiya:

13. ivycompany

ivycompany Alumni

Hi there!

14. Hello & Welcome Mary!

It is wonderful to have you here.

15. retro_threadz

thank you everyone for the warm welcome, my pleasure meeting you all

:cheer:

16. Shygarden

Shygarden Alumni

Hi and Welcome!! :)

17. gaildavid

gaildavid VFG Member

Hello Mary and welcome to the VFG. :hiya:

Gail

18. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

:hiya: Hi there,
    Lizzie

19. worth-a-peek

worth-a-peek Alumni

Hello and welcome:hiya:

20. ladymisswhatever

ladymisswhatever Registered Guest

Hello,

I've been using this for on and off for a while and I never knew, that there was a forum. I am so happy there now is!

This site is one of the best that I personally know, and I always come here when I need to do research.

I think the vintage fashion Guild rocks :cheer::cheer:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.