1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jacqmar Scarf knowledge needed!!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by KristynaBlue, Nov 20, 2012.

1. KristynaBlue

KristynaBlue Registered Guest

Hi , Am down-sizing collection at the moment, and am trying to sell on ebay. Some of my scarfs Im finding easy to list as they already are self titled like 'Time Gentleman Please, but others are much harder as the subjects are so diverse so wondering if anyone is familiar with this picture of a Jacqmar scarf and help me identify it. It is red and white and due to the style I feel it is Albert Lever but not 100% sure. If anyone can help guide me I would be grateful :) 003 (640x480).jpg

(note to admin this scarf is currently not for sale so do not think I am breaking rules. Am new so not entirely sure of the interpretation of this ruling.)

2. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

Actually, Registered Guests are NOT permitted to post images of or links to items for sale or to personal retail websites.

Since this item is not for sale, it's not an issue. I have a great book that has some Jacqmar scarves in it - "Wearing Propaganda" but it's not in there.

Linn

3. Thank you for the clarification Linn.

KristynaBlue, I'm sorry to provide incorrect information - here is the relevant part of the Forum Rules:

Registered Guests (non-Trade Members) are permitted to post images of items for the purpose of education or questions - but ONLY of items that are not currently for sale.

4. KristynaBlue

Just to let you know if anyone is interested that this is an Iconic 1951 Jacqmar scarf called 'The London Newseller'
    :)
    I was lucky enough to have a very nice buyer on another of my scarfs who was able to help me out with dating identifying etc.
    I cant believe the price they go for - My time gentlemen please (which is part of the propaganda collection) reached bids of £127.
    Amazing!!

5. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

There used to be a Jacqmar scarf collector's site a couple of years ago -- is it gone now?

6. cmpollack

cmpollack VFG Member

7. KristynaBlue

thats the one i originally found :) the email address is defunct though as my mail bounced when I tried to make contact :(