1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. lindapoirier

lindapoirier Guest

III

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2020
  2. northstarvintage

northstarvintage Administrator Staff Member

LOVE these! I am a nut for patches on denim so that jacket is right up my alley.

3. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

Wow! So cool! Thank you for showing these Linda!!

4. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

5. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

So Great - You are quite the collector!

6. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

Love it all! As a child of the 60s, I recall the great interest the public (and my family and I ) had every single space mission. It was so exciting! My uncle had a telescope and so we drove all the way to Long Island to watch the 1969 moon walk. We kept running from the TV screen to the patio telescope and then just sat and stared directly up at the moon, thinking there were actually HUMANS walking around up there. I still get goosebumps thinking about it all.

I wonder if kids today could relate at all to that feeling.

What a great thing to collect. Super cool, Linda!

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
  7. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Wonderful collection, Linda! You really get collecting and making everything your own!

Here is my addition to space age at home! My Erwine and Estelee Laverne Acrylic Lily chair.

Acrylic Chair vfg.jpg

8. ClubVintage

ClubVintage VFG Member

The jacket is fabulous Linda! I love all of your jewelry too, what a collection.

9. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Great items. I can see colourful balls filling up that terrarium, you have so many wonderful collections, I am sure you will find the perfect items to showcase in it.

colorful balls.jpg

10. Great collection! The original seven astronauts actually trained at NASA in Hampton, Virginia very close to where I live near Langley Air Force Base. Lots of people who lived in my town worked at NASA so we felt a close tie to the astronauts. My childhood friend's Mom worked on the Air Force Base and had an autographed photo of them! Unfortunately, she said she does not know what ever happened to it and wishes that she had it. Lots of streets in Hampton are named for them. I remember when Alan Shepard when up into space, our teacher rolled a portable TV into our classroom so we could stop everything and watch as he became the first American in space. Christopher "Chris" Kraft, Jr. who was the original NASA Flight Director for all the Mercury flights once came to our elementary school and gave a talk to us about the space program. I believe he is still living in Hampton today and is 94 years old. And, Barbara, it's so funny that you mentioned about looking at the moon on July 20, 1969 and thinking men were on the moon, because I remember going outside that night and looking up at the moon and thinking the very same thing! The space program in the 1960s and 70s was very exciting and inspiring. Thanks, Linda, for sharing your collection.

Rue_de_la_Paix likes this.