1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chanel Jacket • Sell or Keep?.

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by Grace & Disgrace, Sep 8, 2020.

Tags:
?

Sell or keep

1. Sell

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Keep

100.0%
  1. Grace & Disgrace

Grace & Disgrace Registered Guest

Just bought this classic Chanel jacket for an absolute bargain price. It's not vintage yet as it dates from the Spring 2008 ready to wear line.

I'm really torn about whether to sell it now or to hang onto it as a future investment piece. I think that I'm going to have problems parting with it, starting to fall in love with it. Unfortunately I don't have the matching skirt.

Attached Files:

Distantdetails likes this.
  2. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

To be honest - but that's just me - if I liked it on myself, I'd keep and wear it (it's beautiful!) - if not, sell it and get a good price for it now. Personally, I think it's such a gamble if anything is going to increase it's value in the future. I'm not sure how much of an investment piece it is as it's a ready to wear item - if I were to consider something to be possibly worth a lot in the future, I would think that would have to be something that's already rare/unique/one of a kind now or already has a certain material value like jewelry. Being a collector of not just clothes I have watched so many fads, things becoming valuable suddenly and then go down again over the years...

3. claireshaeffer

claireshaeffer VFG Member

This is a very smart Chanel jacket.
    I agree with Karin. If you like it and would wear it, keep it.
    In my opinion, very few rtw jackets are going to appreciate significantly in value unless they are very unique and have the matching skirt and blouse.
    The kimono sleeve on the jacket is unusual. This could be a plus or minus.