1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WELCOME TO THE VFG "FRIENDSGIVING" 2020 ANNUAL FUNDRAISER

Discussion in 'PUBLIC VFG News - Announcements and events' started by BonniesVintageClothesLine, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Racked Vintage

Racked Vintage Alumni VFG Past President

How are these donations going? Have we surpassed our goal? Will you make an announcement? Thank you.

2. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

Sorry to keep you all in suspense—Bonnie is at work, so I'm going to update the totals.

We have met the goal of $300, and then some. The board decided to make the new goal be 30 contributors. Anne will send an email soon that may reach a few more members, and our social media posts (courtesy of Amanda on Instagram and Facebook along with me on Twitter) have really helped get the word out. We have had 21 donors (5 of them non-members), and our goal is to reach 30. We'll update you on this every day, and will keep the donation drive open through the weekend.

glovethermometer(1).png

Thank you so much to all who have donated!! ❤️ Every bit helps!

P.S. Thank you to Suzanne @anothertimevintageapparel for the use of her lipstick red leather glove images. The gloves are available on her website HERE.

3. MyVintageCocktail

MyVintageCocktail VFG Member

Thanks to all members and guests who have donated! Your contributions help maintain our resources, our website, and our forums. We continue to expand those resources and work to keep our content educational, informative, and fun. It's a huge undertaking, and we appreciate all of you who keep our VFG community alive!

I have learned so much here over the past many years ( some 14 or so) I've been a trade member, and before that, a registered guest. And I continue to learn, both through our resources and the terrific people, with their amazing collective knowledge, here.

4. Thanks for giving us the update, Maggie!!! It's wonderful to know that we have had so many generous donors! Of course, we are so thankful for all of those donors, but let's see if we can reach the goal of 30! We are so close. Just a few more will put us over the top of Suzanne's beautiful red leather glove!!!! We have plenty of time. And, thanks again to all who have already contributed to this year's fundraiser. You're the BEST!!!! :clapping:

5. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

just donated, but in case it happens for others who are trying to donate:

when i use the link in the opening post, it keeps timing out for me. so after trying half a dozen times (our internet service here in central NC is horrible) i went directly to PP and sent the VFG funds from there, and it went through immediately. So, if anyone else if having the same issue, you can send funds directly to:

[email protected]

I LOVE this place; it's like home for me, filled with friends who are more like sisters. The VFG's free weekly member promotions have been the best investment for our shops as the increase in traffic and sales is directly related to the promos.

if you're not already an actual VFG trade member yet, I highly recommend looking over our membership pages, and applying if you feel you qualify. You can find it located on our front page, upper right hand corner, hover over Membership, and this drop down will appear:

MermbershipPages.jpg

Happy Holidays, VFG!!! xoxo

6. denisebrain

Thank you for that info Mary—And of course for your donation!

We are now at 25 donations. It would be wonderful to have to up the goal (hint, hint). ❤️
    glovethermometer2.png

7. Racked Vintage

Racked Vintage Alumni VFG Past President

8. Mr. Tom Turkey would be oh so happy if we hit the 30th donation mark and, by the way, wishing all of you a Happy Thanksgiving Day, too!!!!

turkey06.jpg
    Gobble, Gobble, he says!! That's "Turkey Talk" for we still need your donations, please!!!!

9. denisebrain

I'm glad to see Tom's still with us—although his dinner partner doesn't look too pleased!

We are at 27 donations right now. With just 3 to go, do you think we'll be able to reach 30 before tomorrow's over? nervous emoti

glovethermometer3.png

10. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

you could try one last email blast reminder to VFG members, maybe?

11. Blue Wren Vintage

Blue Wren Vintage Registered Guest

Thank you to everyone who shares their knowledge on the VFG. It is from this generosity that I have learnt so much and have been able to share these learnings with others too, ultimately elevating how wonderful vintage is to people who may not be normally exposed.

I am pledging to donate 10% of profits made from sales in my store this week to VFG. And I have some killer pieces coming too, they will all go into the VFG Shop on Facebook as well. The Kitty Christmas skirt listed this morning has already sold.

Thank you

Attached Files:

12. Vintagiality

Vintagiality VFG Treasurer Staff Member

That’s awesome! Thank you!!!

13. denisebrain

That is so generous Victoria!! You do have some absolutely wonderful items ready to go, and the kitty skirt was really over-the-top cute!

14. MyVintageCocktail

MyVintageCocktail VFG Member

You're fabulous, Victoria, as is your selection of merchandise! Thank you so much for your generosity.

15. My hat's off to you, Dear Victoria! Your kind gesture is greatly appreciated!!! Thank you!!helloemoti

16. Our deadline is fast approaching and we are ever so close. Let's put it over the top of that lovely red glove today and make this our most successful Friendsgiving Fundraiser to date. We've had fun doing this and look forward to seeing Maggie give us the final grand total which is going to be so indicative of all of the kind people who have donated. Your generosity is appreciated more than you can ever know!

thankyou.jpg

17. Distantdetails

Distantdetails Administrator

How very generous of you, Victoria. Thank you so much!!! And many thanks to all who have already given. We appreciate all of you!!!

Remember, we like small donations, just as much as the big ones!!!
    beatingHeart

18. denisebrain

I'm about to bite my nails right through the bright red glove! We are at 28 donors, and just need two more to reach our goal, with just a half day to go. [using my best public radio voice] If you've been on the fence, now's the time to pitch in.

Thank you to all who have given very generously so far. It is wonderful to have received support from a good number of non-members who appreciate the VFG as well.
    glovethermometer4(1).png

19. So, Maggie says the clock is ticking!!! We only need two more donors and we have reached our goal. Remember, it does not have to be a great big donation. Just two "itty bitty" ones will do the job! We've come this far and are so very close, so now is the TIME to JUMP in!!!!!

Go Ahead and JUMP and Donate Please!!!!

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
  20. Distantdetails

Distantdetails Administrator