$2800 for Juliana on Auction NOW

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by Distantdetails, Jan 15, 2024.

1. Distantdetails

Distantdetails Administrator

2. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

Yummy. Thank you for sharing.

Distantdetails likes this.
  3. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

HOLY MOLEY! smooch emoti My eyes hurt from the brilliance!

4. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

5. vivavintageclothing

vivavintageclothing VFG Member

6. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

I remember Cheryl Killmer, whose collection is being auctioned at Ripley's. Cheryl made the connection between jewelry that had a a tag marked "Julianna" and DeLizza and Elster about 20 years ago. (I may still have the issue of VFCJ featuring her and discussing her discovery on a shelf in my garage.) I was able to find an article in Antique Trader about her discovery, and about "Juliana aka D&E" and how to identify it:

https://www.antiquetrader.com/collectibles/juliana-jewelry-identify

Cheryl was active in the VFCJ - VIntage Fashion Costume Jewelry - ( I met her several times at Conventions.) She was also active in Jewel Collect and the online group RJJ - "Real Juliana Jewelry." Frank DeLizza authenticated pieces that were in question on that website. Frank DeLizza attended several VFCJ Conventions in Providence and was amazingly generous with his knowledge. He went on to write a book about the history of his company.

I did a search for Cheryl and discovered that she passed away in August 2023. Very sorry to read this.

7. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Some amazing pieces! Thanks for sharing, Janine.
    Linn, thanks for sharing that article.