A little confused....

gaildavid

VFG Member
I am getting ready to list this fabulous dress but am confused by a few things.....

The back features two panels which are slightly longer than the skirt. Is anyone familiar with this? and does it have a special name? Can I call it a train since it is longer than the skirt?

<center>This is the back of the dress:

gown9.jpg

And this is with the panel separated:

gown10.jpg

The material has the nubbiness of raw silk but the weight of a heavy linen.....any ideas on a name? It has the iridescence of sharkskin....with blue and green colors....really lovely!

gown6.jpg

It was very skillfully made.....but no labels. Oh....one more question: There is a strap on the sides of the bustline in the back...like the back straps of a bra. Do these have a specific name?

Sorry for all the questions....told ya I was confused! ;)

Gail

On my monitor it almost has a sharkskin like sheen to it, but that could be my computer playing tricks.

i had a dress like that, only the over panels were solid and the other part was patterned so the pattern peeped out when you walked...but obviously this is not the purpose. Could it be there to add drape or fullness?

maybe it is not, now that i rebooted it is looking less like it. with sharkskin you can see two different colors with fabric movement. I don't remember the fabric definition of sharkskin (as far as fiber(, just the effect. I will have to look up the exact fabric content

Back