A Not so Quiet Blazer & Q's. (Label Alert, Lizzie!)

Patentleathershoes

VFG Veteran
VFG Past President
A Not so Quiet Blazer & Q\'s. (Label Alert, Lizzie!)

Finally!

I had the nerve to have the Hart, Schaffner and Marx Bio but no label....

well....drum roll....don't look now...its a label!!

hartmarxlabelresource.jpg

primavera.jpg

Now all we need is a date. This is fully lined like a regular suit coat. It is heavier weight and I was personally very surprised to learn it was cotton. Shocking! I do know that Wolf Brothers was in downtown Tampa in the 50s and the 60s. Don't have any other reference or know anyone who knows if they had any other locations or existed afterwards either anecdotally or internet wise. (according to a "remember when" type of column, 50s/60s is confirmed)

Because of the timeframe I am going to say late late 60s on this one, but it might be 70s. For all i know it could be last Tuesday or 1991. I have a blazer in my shop that has a similar config with the butoneer (sp?) hole and notch collar that is a cusper. But i will let the experts help me out.

hartsmarx.jpg

hartmarxweb2.jpg

I have no idea, Chris, but be sure to put aqua or teal. It is a good color this Spring.:)

I noticed in British GQ that Burberry had a lot of plaids and checks going on...mostly with an orange/brown undertone...but hey...not everyone could wear that color. this is a good alternative

Muchas Gracias Hollis

I am so used to seeing the really skinny lapels..this one threw me off. (or i was just thinking WAAAAYYYYY too hard)

Chris

Back