Appropriate Schiaparelli label for 1950s robe?

Coralroot

Registered Guest
I acquired this black nylon robe, labeled Schiaparelli, as part of an estate consisting of quality vintage garments, including several designer dresses. At first, I believed the label to be correct, but upon closer inspection, it appears it has been added or resewn into the robe. 'Schiaparelli' was not centered when the label was sewn in and an old fold line is apparent. Also, I have not been able to find other examples of similarly labeled Schiaparelli lingerie from this era.

Is anyone familiar with this Schiaparelli label, and if so, do you feel it is appropriate for this garment? I believe this dates to the 1950's, but please correct me if you know differently.

Thank you, in advance, for your help! I am a frequent visitor to the VFG site and so appreciate the information provided here.

-Heather

schiaparelli_front.jpg schiaparelli_back.jpg schiaparelli_close.jpg schiaparelli_detail.jpg schiaparelli_label.jpg

I have very nearly the identical negligee in the collection but in pink. I can't get at it right now - it's packed in deep storage, and I can't remember what the label looks like, but I recall its similar - probably the same. This dates from after 1954 when Schiaparelli's designs are mass-manufactured under license using her name. Elsa was involved in the early years with the designs of licensed products, but she gradually became less involved.

Thank you, Laura!

Jonathan, thank you very much for the information. Such luck that you have a twin piece in your collection - I can imagine it's incredible in pink! I suspected it might be one of the later licensed designs. Would you date this most likely to the late 1950s then, or slightly after?

Thanks again for your help!

Back