Barry Bricken Women’s suit Date & Cleaning help

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by IM_Jme, Jul 2, 2024 at 12:39 PM.

1. IM_Jme

IM_Jme Registered Guest

Hello VFG! I recently picked up this gorgeous Barry Bricken suit. It is labeled a Sz 12 with typed care instructions on the back of that size label. There are no other labels on the jacket or the pants and absolutely no evidence of labels removed from either piece. It appears to be a silk or a wool silk blend to me. Pants are unlined. The fabric is very soft. I can find B Bricken suits in a wool/nylon blend from the 90’s but they clearly carry a fabric content label. I am looking for help dating AND for advice on cleaning. I will selling this and it is dirty. Paying for dry cleaning could really eat into any profit I may get from it. I am looking for help dating and for cleaning advice.

The style says 90’s to me - but the lack of fabric content labels has me stumped. The shoulders are very lightly padded to only add structure and not volume. Given the lack of fabric content should I even chance soaking/washing this myself or should I just bite the cost of dry cleaning.

IMG_2564.jpeg

Attached Files:

2. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

I never clean tailored things with a lining myself. 99% of the time you lose the proper 'shape and drape' that never comes back with home methods. So I take 'em to the cleaners. I figure you lose more of your profit if the item comes out looking wonky after the well-intended soak. It's not worth it.

1990s for dating, approx. early to mid.

dollsntrolls and denisebrain like this.