Beautiful light weight cape? shawl? need help

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Denise Grant, Sep 7, 2024.

1. Denise Grant

Denise Grant Registered Guest

hello everryone I have another item that im trying to learn more about here are the pictures. a note i didnt know how the neck tie went so thats why i just show it on the hanger in photo lol

any info would be a great help it has no tags at all has a very thin liner and is overall very light weight 20240906_205448.jpg 20240906_205456.jpg 20240906_205614.jpg 20240906_205622.jpg 20240906_205535.jpg

Thank You all so much?

2. dollsntrolls

dollsntrolls VFG Member

This might be the liner for a cape. I can't really tell the shape - are there sleeves?

3. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

I think that this is a capelet kind of thing for an evening gown, a la early 60s

4. Denise Grant

no sleeves just slits for the hands to go thru it has its own liner in the cape itself.

5. I see an evening cape also.
    Mostly likely hand made.
    I am not sure of the tie either.
    Will it work as a belt once the cape is on?
    Very pretty.

6. Denise Grant

thanks i dont think the neck tie can be used as a belt though, it is to small and it has slits at the neck for it to go thru it is such a pretty cape.

7. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

my first thought was the same as Cin's, a coverup for an evening dress, possiby 60s. brocades like that were really popular for formal wear then.

where are the slits? at the front? if so, then it may be a way to close the top of the cape, maybe

8. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

I also see it as an overcape for an evening dress ca 1960s possibly 50s