Bottega Veneta Bag

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by rtj2008, May 20, 2008.

1. rtj2008

rtj2008 Registered Guest

Hey all... I snagged what I *think* is a genuine vintage Bottega Veneta bag today. I am googling my butt off but have found NOTHING to help me I.D. the era on this bag. It's fabric too... not leather so that is making it even harder. Anyone know this designer or know a site that has info on vintage Bottega? They have been around since 1966. But I can't find diddly squat on fabric bags by them. I will shoot a pic or two and get them up on here in the next hour or so.

2. theopshoproc

theopshoproc VFG Member

Hmmm, when I think of Bottega Veneta I think of their woven leather bags that they're so well known for. I can't wait to see yours!

3. rtj2008

rtj2008 Registered Guest

4. theopshoproc

theopshoproc VFG Member

OMG - that is *really* cute! Much cuter than Vera Bradley! But I'm wondering if that might be newer? If it's not recent I might venture to say late 80's? But don't quote me, it's purely a guess.

Whatever it is, the print is fabulous!

5. rtj2008

rtj2008 Registered Guest

Thanks Justine! Yeah... I thought if it was a more recent bag I would have been able to unearth a pic or two in all my searching... but I have seen nothing. Sigh. I will keep lookin' I guess!

6. theopshoproc

theopshoproc VFG Member

I'm guessing no one else here knows anything about it either!

7. BagDiva

BagDiva Guest

l only know them has high very high end...and sumptuous leather bags...never seena any fabric bags..is the label like the others? does it feel expensive, doe sit hit all the right buttons with you? doesnt feel right to me...its sweet but hardly representaive..perhpas it was originally with an ensemble?

8. vertugarde

vertugarde Alumni

9. rtj2008

rtj2008 Registered Guest

vertugarde... thanks so much for that link! I just posted on that forum, we shall see if anyone there knows something!

Sara... I have found a few linen and cotton canvas bags from the 70's in my search to ID this bag. So they definitely did make a few fabric bags back in the day. But this one remains a weird bird. Hopefully I will eventually solve the mystery.

10. Elsewhere

Elsewhere VFG Member