C.A Christey LTD - 50/60s tie? Regent Street W1 London

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by MaxCD, Aug 31, 2024.

1. MaxCD

MaxCD Registered Guest

Hi everyone! I'm trying to find information about this "rare" tie that I've come across recently.
    Never heard about Christey before and I couldn't find any kind of info about it (just an eBay listing of a 70s tie)

Quadrant Arcade/Regent Street seems to be an upscale place (based on photos), I guess that those ties weren't cheap at that time!

What do you think? 1950? 1960s? Did you hear before about this brand?
    20240831_205141.jpg 20240831_205027.jpg

Thanks for your time.
    Best regards,
    -Max

2. retro ruth

retro ruth Administrator Staff Member

Can't really help with the tie, but can confirm that all the arcades off Regent Street are very very posh, at least today. Not sure about mid 20th Century. They tend to house small boutiques, so it's possible it was a small business/maker/tailor, catering to the very well-heeled, rather than a 'brand' as such.

MaxCD likes this.
  3. retro ruth

retro ruth Administrator Staff Member

Ooh look. here's a photo of CA Christey, Shirtmaker in Quadrant arcade. Looks to be circa 60s?

[​IMG]

4. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

5. MaxCD

MaxCD Registered Guest

Thanks for the info and the photo, Ruth. Loved it! The photo seems to be from 1961, right.

Yes, it's quite skinny. 7,5 cm wide/3 inches.

retro ruth likes this.
  6. MaxCD

MaxCD Registered Guest

This is the picture of the listing I mentioned. It certainly looks more actual than mine. Maybe mine could be from the late 50s? Early 60s?

70sChristey.jpg