Can you help with whiting & davis ring?

polyesterchesters

Registered Guest
Pretty cameo ring... can you see it ok? I am completely unsure of a date and material. The ring is not gold or silver, I know that, but do you have any idea what the cameo is made from?
Inside is stamped Whitng & davis.

cameoring4.JPG

cameoring3.JPG

cameoring2.JPG

Whiting and Davis did a lot of Jewelry in the 50s. (i am not sure about any other decade so don't quote me. ). Or at least they licensed it out. I am assuming the ring is some type of composite metal.

I don't know what the cameo could be made from. Do you think it is a type of higher quality vintage plastic? Or does it feel more like stone?

I always just put costume or silver tone (or gold) metal. I am no help on what it is made from. Very pretty.

I have no idea on the metal Chris, however was surprised to find out that Whiting & Davis made jewelry!

Learn something new every day!

Sue

I am not so sure they "made it" aside from some mesh jewelry i have seen that they definitely made later on. They probably licensed it out to capitalize on the popularity of their handbags. I would call it silver or gold tone. It is most likely a composite or pot metal....i think. It could be brass plated but i can't tell in photos. That does hold up very well. W.D. used aluminum and brass mostly in their bags. But who knows what this is.

Back